Oud 22-02-2005, 13:18
Sanneke1983
Hallo,

Zou iemand deze engelse tekst voor mij na willen kijken en waar nodig verbeteren?
Alvast bedankt voor de moeite!
----------------------------------------------------

From Paul Huberts I have got the awfull message that your little son unfortunately deceased/died (welk woord gebruiken voor overleden).
The passed few days I thought of you a lot. It must have been terrible to go through this.

I can still remember our first meet. You told us about your 1,5 years old son, who you were very proud of.

When I was not married yet and I saw a child who had an accident, I thought why haven't the parents been more attentive. When I have got my own two doughters I experienced that you can not always prevent such things.

I can still see how one of my doughters suddenly crossed a busy street just when a car came by and there are many more examples to give, which fortunately end up well.

[Ik leef erg met jullie mee] but I could not do more than just wishing you and your wife the courage to get through this big lost.

I hope you find the strengh in and with eachother to go on together.

With kindest regards,

Laatst gewijzigd op 22-02-2005 om 15:38.
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 22-02-2005, 13:26
T_ID
werkwoordtijden nog eens goed nakijken.

verder is het bij een persoon niet which, maar who.

verder: "your 1,5 son" uhm, wattes?

crossed moet worden "suddenly crossing a busy street"
Oud 22-02-2005, 15:34
Sanneke1983
Bedankt, maar is dat alles? Valt me nog mee dan.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 22-02-2005, 19:59
Levitating Nun
Citaat:
Pam schreef op 22-02-2005 @ 14:18 :
Hallo,

Zou iemand deze engelse tekst voor mij na willen kijken en waar nodig verbeteren?
Alvast bedankt voor de moeite!
----------------------------------------------------

From Paul Huberts I have got the awfull message that your little son unfortunately deceased/died (welk woord gebruiken voor overleden) [Het is me om het even]
The passed few days I thought of you a lot. It must have been terrible to go through this.

I can still remember our first meet [-ing?]. You told us about your 1,5 years[weg met die 's'] old son, who[M] you were very proud of.

When I was not married yet and I saw a child who had an accident, I thought [ : ] why [weren't (denk dat dit spreektaal is, zie maar)] the parents more attentive. When I [ did get ] my own two doughters I experienced that you can not always prevent such things.

I can still see how one of my doughters suddenly crossed a busy street just when a car came by and there are many more examples to give, which fortunately end up well. [Van deze alinea klopt geen hout, maar ik weet zo snel niet wat. ]

[Ik leef erg met jullie mee] but I [ can't ] not do more than just wishing you and your wife the courage to get through this big [loSS]

With kindest regards,
Dit is alles wat zo 1-2-3 zag.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 22-02-2005, 20:31
Konijn
From Paul Huberts I have got the awful message that your little son unfortunately deceased/died (welk woord gebruiken voor overleden) [Het is me om het even] Volgens mij kan het woord unfortunately niet op die plaats in de zin, maar zie even niet hoe wel

I can still remember our first meet [-ing?]. You told us about your 1,5 years[weg met die 's'] old son, who[M] you were very proud of.

When I was not married yet and I saw a child who had an accident, I thought [ : ] why weren't the parents more attentive. When I [ did get ] my own two daughters I experienced that you can not always prevent such things.

I can still see how one of my doughters suddenly crossed a busy street just when a car came by and there are many more examples to give, which fortunately end up well. [Van deze alinea klopt geen hout, maar ik weet zo snel niet wat. ]
I still remember the time one of my own daughters suddenly crossed a very busy street with a car approaching her, and there are many more examples of that kind of situations. But my kids always came out of it harmless.. Zoiets, weet niet wat je nou precies wil zeggen?

I really feel sorry for you, but I [ can't ] do more than just wishing you and your wife the courage to get through this big [loSS]

I hope you find the strengh in and with each other to go on together.

With kindest regards,
Oud 22-02-2005, 21:32
Dynamico
Misschien wat onnodige verbeteringen, maar dit is zoals ik het zou zeggen om het vloeiender te laten verlopen.

From Paul Huberts I have got the awfull message that your little son unfortunately deceased/died (welk woord gebruiken voor overleden).

From Paul Huberts I have received the awful message of the death of your little son.

I can still remember our first meet. You told us about your 1,5 years old son, who you were very proud of.

I can still remember the first time we met/our first meeting. You told us about your 1,5 year old son, of whom you were very proud.

When I was not married yet and I saw a child who had an accident, I thought why haven't the parents been more attentive. When I have got my own two doughters I experienced that you can not always prevent such things.

When I was not married yet (klink ook niet echt fijn) and I saw a child having an accident, I asked myself why the parents hadn't been more attentive. But when I got two doughters myself, I experienced that one can not always prevent such things.

I can still see how one of my doughters suddenly crossed a busy street just when a car came by and there are many more examples to give, which fortunately end up well.
I remember very clearly how one of my doughters suddenly crossed a busy street, just when a car came by. And there are many more examples, that fortunately had a happy ending.

[Ik leef erg met jullie mee] but I could not do more than just wishing you and your wife the courage to get through this big lost.
You have my dearest sympathy (?), but the only thing I can do for you at the moment is wish you and your wife all the courage you need to get through this big loss.

I hope you will find the strength in and with eachother to go on together.

With kindest regards,
Oud 23-02-2005, 19:50
mathfreak
*ik geef hieronder de oorspronkelijke tekst met de benodigde correcties weer*

From Paul Huberts I got the awfull message that your little son died/deceased unfortunately.
The passed few days I thought of you a lot. It must be terrible to go through this.

I can still remember our first meet(ing). You told us about your 1.5 year old son, whom you were very proud of.

When I was not married yet and I saw a child who had an accident, I thought why weren't the parents more attentive. When I got my own two doughters I experienced that you cannot always prevent such things.

I can still see how one of my doughters suddenly crossed a busy street just when a car came by, and there are many more examples to give, which fortunately ended up well.

I strongly sympathize with you, but I could not do more than just wishing you and your wife the courage to get through this big loss.

I hope you will find the strengh in and with each other to go on together.

With kindest regards,

Je kunt zowel deceased als died gebruiken, maar houd er wel rekening mee dat to decease en to die werkwoorden zijn die onovergankelijk zijn en dus geen lijdend en ook geen meewerkend voorwerp bij zich hebben. Overigens zou ik hier died hebben gebruikt omdat dat de eenvoudigste werkwoordsvorm is, maar dat is een kwestie van persoonlijke voorkeur. Deceased kan ook als bijvoeglijk naamwoord worden gebruikt (vergelijk het Nederlandse "het overleden kind") of als zelfstandig naamwoord in de betekenis van " de overledene(n)".
Houd er verder rekening mee dat men in het Engels een punt voor een decimale aanduiding en een komma voor de aanduiding van duizendtallen gebruikt, wat dus het omgekeerde is van wat wij in het Nederlands gewend zijn.

Laatst gewijzigd op 23-02-2005 om 20:04.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 24-02-2005, 19:35
Iduna
spelling:
Het is toch daughter ipv doughter
En vergeet awful niet.
[edit] Voor overlijden kun je ook 'to pass away' gebruiken toch?

Als je hier en daar dingen haalt uit de brief van Dynamico en Mathfreak, heb je uiteindelijk een goede brief.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 24-02-2005, 21:33
MightyMarcel
Citaat:
*Juliah* schreef op 24-02-2005 @ 20:35 :
spelling:
Het is toch daughter ipv doughter
En vergeet awful niet.
[edit] Voor overlijden kun je ook 'to pass away' gebruiken toch?

Als je hier en daar dingen haalt uit de brief van Dynamico en Mathfreak, heb je uiteindelijk een goede brief.
nee, niet 'to pass away', t klinkt vreselijk.
Oud 24-02-2005, 21:43
MightyMarcel
tekst van mathfreak aangepast

From Paul Huberts I got the awfull message that your little son died/deceased , unfortunately.

I can still remember when we first met. You told us about your 1.5 year old son, whom you were very proud of.

before I was married (When I was still a bachelor), I once saw a child who did have an accident. I wondered why the parents weren't([i]volgordep/i]) more attentive. When I got my own two daughters I experienced (that weg) you cannot always prevent such events.

I still remember how one of my daughters suddenly crossed a busy street , just when a car passed by, and there are many more examples to give, which fortunately ended up well.

I strongly sympathize with you, but I can't do more than wish you and your wife (the weg) courage to get through this great loss.

I hope you will find (the weg) strenght within and with each other to go on together.

With kindest regards,

(sommige dingen zullen wel mijn eigen voorkeur zijn, maar zo is t volgens mij een goede brief.)
Oud 25-02-2005, 13:09
Gatara
wat een erge brief

komt nogal bot over imo

Oud 01-03-2005, 19:16
riannuhtje
tekst van mightymarcel nog ff aangepast (tussen haakjes zijn mn verbeteringen)

From Paul Huberts I got the awfull message that your little son died/deceased , unfortunately.
(unfortunately kan je weglaten, omdat je ook al awfull in de zin hebt staan, is een beetje dubbel)
The passed (past) few days I (have) thought of you a lot. It must have been terrible (for you) to go through this.

I can still remember when we first met. You told us about your 1.5 year old son, whom you were very proud of. (of whom is mooier)

before I was married , I once saw a child who did have (niet did have, maar had)an accident. I wondered why the parents weren't more attentive. ( I wondered why the parents hadn't been more attentive)
When I got my own two daughters I experienced you cannot always prevent such events. (after i had 2 daughters of my own i realized you can't always prevent such events)

I still remember how one of my daughters suddenly crossed a busy street , just when a car passed by, (but fortunately it ended well. There are many more examples to give) and there are many more examples to give, which fortunately ended up well.

I strongly sympathize with you, but I can't do more than wish you and your wife (the weg) courage (the strength is mooier, je kan niet iemand courage toewensen...) to get through this great loss.

I hope you will find (the) strenght within and with each other to go on together.

With kindest regards,
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten