Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / School & Studie / Huiswerkvragen: Klassieke & Moderne talen
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 19-01-2005, 17:25
EaSy-M3
hey,

Ik moet voor Engels een informele brief schrijven, het volgende heb ik ervan gebrouwen:

Straatnaam 6
1000 AA A’dam
The Netherlands

Douglas Coupland
26 New Avenue
New York
USA

January 19, 2005

Dear Sir,

In my class we were supposed to read a short story and I choose to read a story from ‘Generation X’ called ‘Jan.01.2000’. I did not like the story, it is kind of boring and it is extremely predictable. I prefer action, blood and murder in a story.

I do not know if you still know where ‘Jan.01.2000’ was about so I will remind you, it was about a guy who was driving to Calexico. He was very thirsty so he took a orange, then the farmer came and gives him another one. Then he sees a big, black cloud. He stops and some farmers were burning trash. A van stopped and a group of mentally retarded teenagers came out of the van. Then a big, white birds flew down and grazed his head. It bleeds and the children hug him. That was the story, I hope you still remember.

Anyway, I am Steven de Boer, I am 17 years old, next year I am doing A-exams and I live in Holland.

The reason I write this letter is because I have some questions, so if you would answer them for me, I will be very grateful.

The questions are: How should I see the title ‘Jan.01.2000’?
- Why was the egret in the story? Wat was the purpose of the egret?
- Did you choose on purpose mentally retarded children? And if you do, why?
- Why were the oranges that big?

Also we had a discussion in class, the subject was: ‘is the story based on true happenings or not?’ I said that it wasn’t true because of the big oranges. But is the story based on true happenings?

Thanks for taking the time to read my letter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Steven de Boer

Zou iemand alsjeblieft zo aardig willen zijn om de fouten er uit te halen?

BVD
Oud 19-01-2005, 17:32
mjk
Alleen het adres heb ik bekenen, maar naar welke stad gaat je brief? New York is een complete staat. Ik geloof in een brief naar de VS dat de staat en stad bij het adres moeten.

en bij datum hoort ook plaatsnaam, in jouw geval

Amsterdam, 19th January 2005
Oud 19-01-2005, 17:43
EaSy-M3
oh, er staat alleen bij dat die schrijver in New York woont. maar dan maar ik er wel New York City van. bedankt iig
Oud 19-01-2005, 18:26
Savvy
Wat ik er verder aan klein spelfoutje uithaalde:

Citaat:
Then a big, white birds flew down and grazed his head.
ik gok dat dat bird moest zijn ?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 19-01-2005, 19:41
Aurora
Ik heb hem niet helemaal gelezen, maar ik zag wel dat je bij de uitleg van het verhaal van vt overging op tt. Kzou het gewoon allemaal maar in de verleden tijd houden if I were you.
Oud 19-01-2005, 20:13
M@rco
Nee, bij het beschrijven van verhalen, films e.d. gebruik je de o.t.t.

Dan krijg je dus iets als: the story is about a guy who drives to Calexico. He is very thirsty so he takes an orange, enz.
Oud 19-01-2005, 20:15
Sasbeest
Dear Sir,

In my class we were supposed to read a short story and I choose [ chose (?) ] to read a story from ‘Generation X’ called ‘Jan.01.2000’. I did not like the story, it is kind of boring and it is extremely predictable. I prefer action, blood and murder in a story.

I do not know if you still know where [what] ‘Jan.01.2000’ was about so I will remind you, [Hier zou ik een nieuwe zin beginnen] it was about a guy who was driving to Calexico. He was very thirsty so he took a [an] orange, then the farmer came and gives [gave, (verleden tijd) ] him another one. Then he sees a big, black cloud. He stops and some farmers were burning trash. A van stopped and a group of mentally retarded teenagers came out of the van. Then a big, white birds[bird, maar dat was al gezegd] flew down and grazed his head. It bleeds and the children hug him. That was the story, I hope you still remember.

Anyway, I am Steven de Boer, I am 17 years old, next year I am doing A-exams and I live in Holland.

The reason I write this letter is because I have some questions, so if you would answer them for me, I will be very grateful.

The questions are: How should I see the title ‘Jan.01.2000’?
- Why was the egret in the story? Wat was the purpose of the egret?
- Did you choose on purpose mentally retarded children? And if you do, why?
- Why were the oranges that big?

Also we had a discussion in class, the subject was: ‘is the story based on true happenings or not?’ I said that it wasn’t true because of the big oranges. But is the story based on true happenings?

Thanks for taking the time to read my letter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Steven de Boer

Edit: je gebruikt verleden en tegenwoordige tijd door elkaar, dat is nogal storend. Ik zou 1 tijd kiezen en die steeds aanhouden.
Oud 19-01-2005, 20:30
EaSy-M3
Superbedankt dat jullie de tijd namen
Oud 20-01-2005, 12:31
Verwijderd
heel de brief klopt nog steeds niet
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren

Regels voor berichten