Oud 29-01-2003, 20:31
Gothic
Ik moet voor Engels een spreekbeurt geven, en nu vroeg ik me af of iemand dit even wil nakijken op grammatica fouten, dus foute zinsconstructies en fout gebruik van tijden van de werkwoords vormen... Ik moet het spreken dus gewone taalfouten zijn niet echt belangrijk ... Alvast bedankt.

Everybody in this room has read one book at least. Maybe because they like to read, maybe because you have to, because the school compels you to read. We grew up with television these days. Our parents didn’t. And I remember my mother telling me, when I was young, that I should read a book once in stead of watching television all the time. Well I think I reacted like all of you would do. I said that reading is boring. Every once in time she recommended me to at least try to read a book, but I never did.
But like you, school made me read. And we got that little list of books, which were allowed. So I tried a book of the list and I actually enjoyed reading it. Because I could use my imagination to create the world the characters were living in and I could make up how the looked and staff.
I guess a lot of people still do not read or chose a book that is also a movie. So they can watch the movie, easy right? And sometimes that can be a good thing. Most people like movies, because they can escape from reality for 2 hours. You don’t have to think, because they created everything for you. And sometimes people get so excited about the movies they read the book after all, after watching the movie.
Let talk about a movies I think everyone saw. Lord of the rings. The book is from way back. My parents read the book and loved it. But now it’s popular again, because people loved the movie. A lot of people started to read the 2nd and the 3rd book because they got curious how thing would end.
But why this movie, why this book? I can tell the same story about Harry Potter. A lot of people read the book in Dutch, but now they are allowed to read it for English and French. And they read it because they loved the movie.
But I ask you the same question, why this book, why this movie, and why now? I think I know the answers to those questions. Now days we live in a world were people don’t feel save anymore. I can tell you about September 11th. You all have seen it on television. Terrorism is a big issue now and people didn’t feel save anymore. The United States of America is now preparing a war against Iraq, because President George W. Bush thinks Iraq has links to terrorist groups, including al-Qaeda, and might supply weapons of mass destruction to militants. I think they just want to maintain any source for oil. But that’s not irrelevant. We see this in little in the Netherlands. A half year ago there was a bald gay man who said people didn’t feel save anymore and the reason of that were the foreigners. And because people thought that other people didn’t felt save anymore because Mister Fortuyn said so, they thought, those people probably think that for a reason, so maybe I’m not save either. So we all didn’t felt save anymore. My point, yes I actually going to make a point, is that people because of those feelings need to escape from reality. And there is their solution: fantasy. In fantasy there are wars and there are people murdered, but it isn’t real, because dragons do not exist. And that’s exactly what we want and need. Now day we need to go away from the cruel world we live in. We like to live, maybe for just 2 hours, in a fantasy world, right on our very own couch, just to feel save again…
Oud 29-01-2003, 21:26
M@rco
Citaat:
Everybody in this room has read at least one book. Perhaps because they like to read, maybe because they had to, because the school compels you to read. We grew up with television. Our parents didn’t. And I remember my mother telling me, when I was young, that I should read a book for once, instead of watching television all the time. Well I think I reacted like all of you would do. I said that reading is boring. Every once in a while, she recommended me to at least try to read a book, but I never did.
But like you, school made me read. And we got that little list of books, which were allowed. So I tried a book of the list and I actually enjoyed reading it. Because I could use my imagination to create the world the characters were living in and I could imagine how they looked and stuff.
I guess a lot of people still do not read or chose a book that is also a movie. So they can watch the movie. Easy, right? And sometimes that can be a good thing. Most people like movies, because they can escape from reality for 2 hours. You don’t have to think, because they created everything for you. And sometimes people get so excited about the movies that they will read the book after all, after watching the movie.
Let's talk about a movie I think everyone saw. Lord of the rings. The book is from way back. My parents read the book and loved it. But now it’s popular again, because people loved the movie. A lot of people started to read the 2nd and the 3rd book because they got curious about how thing would end.
But why this movie, why this book? I can tell the same story about Harry Potter. A lot of people read the book in Dutch, but now they are allowed to read it for English and French. And they read it because they loved the movie.
But I ask you the same question, why this book, why this movie, and why now? I think I know the answers to those questions. Nowadays, we live in a world were people don’t feel safe anymore. I can tell you about September 11th. You have all seen it on television. Terrorism is a big issue now and people don’t feel safe anymore. The United States of America is now preparing a war against Iraq, because President George W. Bush thinks Iraq has links to terrorist groups, including al-Qaeda, and might supply weapons of mass destruction to militants. I think they just want to maintain a source for oil. But that’s not irrelevant. We see this on a much smaller scale in the Netherlands. Six months ago there was a bald gay man who said people didn’t feel safe anymore and that the reason of that were the foreigners. And because people thought that other people didn’t feel safe anymore because Mister Fortuyn said so, they thought, those people probably think that for a reason, so maybe I’m not safe either. So we all didn’t feel safe anymore. My point, yes I am actually going to make a point; namely that people need to escape from reality because of those feelings. And there is their solution: fantasy. In fantasy there are wars and there are people murdered, but it isn’t real, because dragons do not exist. And that’s exactly what we want and need. Nowadays we need to get away from the cruel world we live in. We like to live in a fantasy world, if only for just 2 hours, right on our very own couch, just to feel safe again…
Zo moet 'ie al beter zijn... kan niet garanderen dat het foutloos is , maar de ergste fouten zijn er denk ik wel uit.

Oh ja, en let er ff op dat "save" iets anders is als "safe"
Oud 30-01-2003, 07:45
barkrukkie
Dit is puur op 'gevoel' verbeterd, dus fouten voorbehouden

Citaat:
Everybody in this room has read at least one book. Perhaps because they like to read, maybe because they had to, because the school compels you to read. We grew up with television. Our parents didn’t. And I remember my mother telling me, when I was young, that I should read a book for once, instead of watching television all the time. Well I think I reacted like all of you would do. I said that reading was boring. Every once in a while, she recommended me to at least try to read a book, but I never did.
But like you, school forced me to read. And we got that small list of books that were allowed. So I tried a book picked from the list and I actually enjoyed reading it. *1 I usedmy imagination to create the world the characters lived in and I could imagine how they looked and stuff ( 'and stuff' zou ik weg laten, klink niet zo heel mooi).
I guess a lot of people 'still' weg do not read or choose a book that is also a movie, since they can watch the movie instead . Far more easy, right? And sometimes that can be a good thing. Most people like movies, because they can escape from reality for 2 hours. You don’t have to think, because they created everything for you. And sometimes people get so excited about the movies that they will read the book 'after all' weg after watching the movie.
Let's talk about a movie I think everyone saw. Lord of the rings. The book is from way back. My parents read the book and loved it. But now it’s popular again, because people loved the movie. A lot of people started to read the 2nd and the 3rd book because they got curious about how the story would end.
But I ask you the same question, why this book, why this movie, and why now? I think I know the answers to these questions. Nowadays, we live in a world were people don’t feel safe anymore. I can tell you about September 11th. You have all seen it on television. Terrorism is a big issue now and people don’t feel safe anymore. The United States of America is now preparing a war against Iraq, because President George W. Bush thinks Iraq has links to terrorist groups, including al-Qaeda, and might supply weapons of mass destruction to militants. I think they just want to maintain a source for oil. But that’s not irrelevant. We see this on a much smaller scale in the Netherlands. Six months ago there was a bald gay man who said people didn’t feel safe anymore and that the reason of that were the foreigners. And because people thought that other people didn’t feel safe anymore because Mister Fortuyn said so, they thought, those people probably have a reason for feeling unsafe, so maybe I’m not safe either. So we all didn’t feel safe anymore. My point, yes I am actually going to make a point; namely that people need to escape from reality because of those feelings. And their solution [COLOR-red]is[/COLOR]: fantasy. In fantasy there are wars and people are murdered, but it isn’t real, because dragons do not exist. And that’s exactly what we want and need. Nowadays we need to get away from the cruel world we live in. We like to live in a fantasy world, if only for just 2 hours, right on our very own couch, just to feel safe again…
*1 = -Because- weggelaten, anders lijkt het een lange zin tijdens de spreekbeurt, en het verband is zo ook wel duidelijk

Gewoon een opmerking: Je zegt dat mensen liever een film zien om zo 2 uur te kunnen ontsnappen aan de werkelijkheid. Als je een goed boek leest (zoals LotR), ben je veel langer bezig en ontsnap je ook aan de realiteit.
Oud 30-01-2003, 15:43
Gothic
Citaat:
barkrukkie schreef:
Gewoon een opmerking: Je zegt dat mensen liever een film zien om zo 2 uur te kunnen ontsnappen aan de werkelijkheid. Als je een goed boek leest (zoals LotR), ben je veel langer bezig en ontsnap je ook aan de realiteit.
Hier maak je wel een goed punt ja. Ik ga eens kijken of ik dat kan inbouwen

Verder bedankt beide...
Oud 31-01-2003, 23:15
Tofke_H
Citaat:
Gothic schreef:
http://forum.scholieren.com/showthre...hreadid=359350

MT, mag dicht

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten