Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / School & Studie / Huiswerkvragen: Klassieke & Moderne talen
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:08
.Pure
Iemand deze misschien al gehad? Waar gaat het over? En eventueel antwoorden ergens?
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:15
hanki2*2
niveau? havo/vwo??
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:16
Euryalo
ik heb hem al gehad

*denk denk*

waar ging 'ie ook al weer over..

ehm er was een discussie bij..ehm..ojah..een heel aardig stuk over michael moore..die nogal anti-bush was

voor de rest weet ik het niet echt meer...
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:16
.Pure
oja, oops, vwo.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:19
.Pure
Citaat:
Euryalo schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:16 :
ik heb hem al gehad

*denk denk*

waar ging 'ie ook al weer over..

ehm er was een discussie bij..ehm..ojah..een heel aardig stuk over michael moore..die nogal anti-bush was

voor de rest weet ik het niet echt meer...
was dat eentje van vwo?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:20
Euryalo
Citaat:
.Pure schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:19 :
was dat eentje van vwo?
ja..

ik ben nog aan t nadenken..waar die verder over ging..
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:21
.Pure
Citaat:
Euryalo schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:20 :
ja..

ik ben nog aan t nadenken..waar die verder over ging..

heb je niet toevallig je antwoordblaadje teruggehad ofzo?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:22
Bloedpropje
over de boeren in Zuid Afrika, over michael moore en over onderwijs in Engeland

alsof je er iets aan hebt
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:24
.Pure
Citaat:
Bloedpropje schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:22 :

aan antwoorden heb ik zeker wel wat jaaa
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:25
Sbien
heej,
Ja ik moet m ook nog krijgen perfect dit weet iemand niet toevallig antwoorden?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:32
Bloedpropje
Kunnen jullie niet gewoon luisteren ofzo? Het is ubersimpel.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:34
.Pure
Citaat:
Bloedpropje schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:32 :
voor jou zeker.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:34
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Bloedpropje schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:22 :

begon het ongeveer zo:
Michael Moore
Editor, American Journal of Distance Education

Introduction

Michael G. Moore is widely known as a pioneer in the study of distance education, with his published theoretical work in the early 1970’s being cited as among the earliest foundations of the field. Since 1986 he has been Director of The American Center for The Study of Distance Education (ACSDE) and Editor of The American Journal of Distance Education. His publications include "Contemporary Issues in American Distance Education (Pergamon Press, 1990) and Distance Education: a Systems View, co-authored with Greg Kearsley (Wadsworth Publishers, 1996).

Here he is interviewed by Namin Shin, Doctoral student at Penn State University.

Distance-Educator.com, Inc. would like to thank both Michael Moore and Namin Shin for allowing us to publish this interview on our site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Interview
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NS: Dr. Moore, we are accustomed to seeing your name as Editor of AJDE and convenor of conferences etc, but in these roles you are usually presenting other people’s work. Today we are going to inquire a little into your own story and your own thoughts. First, what do you think about what I just said? Is it a fair characterisation?
MM: Yes, Namin, in a way it is, but not entirely. I do, after all, write an editorial for each issue of AJDE, and I give conference presentations quite frequently. I just returned from giving a key-note speech at a conference on research and distance education in Hong Kong. However, you are right in that I have regarded my main contribution since we set up the American Center for Study of Distance Education to be that of a catalyst, a kind of "impresario", a person who stimulates, persuades, nurtures, others to come together and build this field -- I mean the scholarly study of distance education -- which after all, just twenty or thirty years ago hardly existed.

NS: Well today we are going to "Talk Personally", so let me begin by asking, how did you get started in distance education?
MM: After graduating from University of London and teaching for three years in England I worked for seven years at the University of East Africa in the Adult Education Department. This was the early 1960’s, and adult education in the British tradition was very academic and formal in those days. I found it very unsatisfactory, especially in Africa, given the conditions under which most people were living. I looked for ways of becoming more involved with the learning needs of ordinary people in such areas as health, farming methods, setting up credit unions and so on. These people were living in villages linked by poor roads, with no telephones, and thus had no access to sources of knowledge. However I noticed that one means of communication was quite common, and that was battery powered radios. So I became intrigued with the idea of using that technology as a means of bringing knowledge to the people in those African villages. I got into a radio studio and that is how it all began. I met up with some educators from US, (it turned out they were from University of Wisconsin), who were using radio in a teacher education program. They got me into a studio and that is how it all began. Then later when I wanted to leave Africa, I came to Wisconsin primarily to learn about radio but for other reasons too.

NS: That seems a long way from most of what we read about today as the Internet takes over so much of distance education. In fact I've come across a lot of people who seem to have various ideas about distance education. What is your sense of distance education? What is distance education to you?
MM: Well, technically I would say, as I wrote nearly thirty years ago, that distance education is a sub-set of all teaching-learning programs, having the defining characteristic that for all or most of the time the teaching occurs in a different place from where the learning occurs, so that the normal or principal means of communication is through an artificial medium, either printed or electronic.

I emphasis normal or principal and primary because there is distance of a kind (what later I referred to as "transactional distance" ) in all teaching learning relationships, and in a classroom for example teachers may use communications media to supplement their personal instruction but it is not the normal, primary or principal means of communication. Another important way of discriminating between distance education and other forms of education where media are used is to ask: Where are the principal educational decisions made? Who is deciding What is to be learned? When and how is it to be learned? When has learning been satisfactorily completed? If such decisions are made in the classroom this is not distance education. If they are made elsewhere and communicated by a medium the program is defined as distance education.

But then the field of study of learning that takes place in distance environments includes history, philosophy, design, learning, organization, administration and policy, and even that is not all.

NS: To return to your own story, after seven years in Africa you moved to University of Wisconsin to learn about radio and, you said "other things too". What were they?

MM: In Kenya I heard about the work of Charles Wedemeyer. I wrote to Wedemeyer from Kenya and after a few exchanges of letters he agreed to take me on as his research assistant. Interestingly, in retrospect, his letters did not come from Madison, but from Swan Cottage in Milton Keynes in England, where — this was 1968/9 — he was living in the home of Walter Perry. There they were planning the shape of the British Open University, which was, as we now know, to prove so revolutionary in the world of distance education, indeed of education itself. But at that time nobody had any idea of how important the BOU would turn out to be.

NS: We have your interview with Charles Wedemeyer in this book. But why did you think it was important to work with him back in 1967/8?

MM: I only knew in 1967/8 when I first heard about him that he was seen as a kind of crazy visionary who was talking about using orbiting satellites for educating people who couldn’t get to class. Then I found he was not just a visionary but had in fact already developed a program in Wisconsin where they used all kinds of communications technology in what he called an "Articulated Instructional Media" program. By breaking down the teaching process into its constituent parts and then delivering these by radio, television, print, telephone, even primitive computer applications, he had developed the prototype of an industrial model of teaching which was later to become so successful in the Open University. It is rather sobering to realise that today there are very few programs that use the full range of media; most are delivered by text on the Internet, or by two-way talking head video, or broadcast telecourses. Most people practicing today have no idea of the foundations laid by Wedemeyer.

NS: So what happened when you got to Wisconsin?

MM: What I quickly realised as I began to take courses for a doctoral degree in adult education was that none of what Wedemeyer and I talked about and researched by day was represented in the educational literature I read at night. In all the text-books, teaching was defined as a process of social interaction in classrooms or other face-to-face, group settings. The kind of private individual study that went on in the Articulated Media Project or by that time was beginning in the Open University, simply did not count in the educational literature. I was fascinated by educational theory, and set out to write a theoretical statement about the types of teaching-learning in which the learners and teachers were not in the same place-time environment. I turned that into my doctoral dissertation research.

NS: What happened?

MM: Wedemeyer gave me the help of a research librarian and she helped me gather data about more than a thousand programs characterised by learner-teacher separation. This was before word processing and most forms of computer based data processing ; we cut and paste, literally, descriptions of these programs on post-cards, and subjected the data in that form to a process of qualitative analysis. What I was looking for was what I called the pedagogical "macro-factors", that is the pedagogical distinguishing characteristics of that part of the teaching-learning universe in which learners were separate from their teachers. Simple geographical separation was not enough. The question was whether there were differences in the ways programs were organized and delivered that could help us understand them, and by understanding, eventually research and develop them.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:35
hanki2*2
Heb em ook gehad... maar hoe moet ik je de antwoorden gaan geven ik weet niet meer uit mn hoofd van: AABBCBABCBBAAAC.. en dat antwoordenblaadje hoor je niet terug te krijgen van je school...
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:37
Sbien
wooow geweldig! hoe kom je hier aan?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:43
.Pure
Citaat:
Mr Soija schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:34 :
blaaat
kijk, aan zoiets heb je heus wel iets hoor. Danku!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:45
Smobbo
Citaat:
Bloedpropje schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:32 :
je kan namelijk neem ik aan niet ff die hele tekst leren...btje zinlooos zonder vragen...
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:46
.Pure
Citaat:
Smobbo schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:45 :
Jaaa, erg nuttig weer. bemoei je er niet mee, dat jullie nu zo goed zijn
Met citaat reageren
Ads door Google
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:47
Smobbo
Ik bedoel dat je er niets aan hebt als je de vragen niet weet, tenminste ik neem aan dat je niet de hele tekst uit je hoofd gaat leren
Oud 29-03-2005, 14:49
Sbien
allemaal goed bedoeld mensen en ik ben er blij mee... Een goeie voorbereiding ist halve werk!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-03-2005, 15:32
Euryalo
die hele luistertoets is heel goed te doen..ik had een 8.8 oid..en ik ben zelf niet eens zo heel goed in engels
Met citaat reageren
Oud 30-03-2005, 09:56
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Mr Soija schreef op 29-03-2005 @ 15:34 :
begon het ongeveer zo:
Dit was dus een vraag aan hen, die het gemaakt hebben
begon het ongeveer zo?

ps de tekst is veel langer
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren