Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / Technologie / Software & Hardware
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 10-02-2007, 09:50
Verwijderd
hey, ik heb n probleem met Firefox. hij doet opzich alles beter dan IE, behalve pagina's met Flash. websites als youtube en google.video moet ik in IE bekijken, omdat Firefox gegarandeerd vastloopt.

ik heb de laatste versie Shokwave Flash player geinstalleerd, en de laatste versie van Firefox.

heeft iemand n idee waar dit aan kan liggen en hoe ik t op kan lossen?
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 10-02-2007, 10:04
bam
een c/p van brainsnorkel.com
Probeer het eens zou ik zeggen, lees ook de update onderin

In a previous post, I noted that Firefox 2.0 on Windows XP freezes up for me. Every now and then Firefox 2.0 stops responding and has to be killed. The cause seems to be sites using Flash.

While I haven’t isolated the cause beyond reasonable doubt or to a level of detail that would be useful for Flash or Firefox maintainers, I think I have found a cure.

I haven’t had any freezing behaviour on the two PCs I use Firefox 2.0 on since I followed this two step procedure:

Step 1: Uninstall Flash
Step 2: Reinstall Flash

That’s it.

I recommend exiting Firefox 2.0 completely before running Adobe’s Flash Player uninstall utility as I found Flash survived one uninstall when I had the browser open.

To reinstall the Flash Player I went to a Flash site (Google Analytics) and clicked the puzzle piece icon to install the plugin instead of downloading and running the installer exe from Adobe. I’m not sure if that is significant. Another characteristic common to the two PCs I have seen this behaviour on is that they both run XP Professional and they are both Core Duo’s (one Core Duo and one Core 2 Duo). Again, that’s probably not significant.

Tell me in comments if this does/doesn’t work for you.

*** Update 2006-11-30: A better solution — disable Google Toolbar. While the Flash reinstall only decreased the frequency of freezing, disabling the Google Toolbar has cleared up the freezing trouble nicely. It may be Google Toolbar’s interaction with something else, but 48 hours of freeze-free browsing is enough for me to leave it turned off until I’m feeling brave enough to try newer versions. ***
Reageren

Regels voor berichten