Oud 21-01-2012, 18:44
Verwijderd
Hallo,
Ik moet een schrijfoefening maken voor Engels.
Dit is de opdracht:
Write a letter to a sport magazine. Depending on your view you can either complain because so many sportman and women cheat nowadays, or stand up against the criticisms made in the reading about cheating in sport. Write minimum 25 lines. Try and use as many words and phrases from the reading.

Zou er iemand mijn tekst willen controleren? (er zitten waarschijnlijk heel veel fouten in, wegens ik geen engels kan, ik ben er al heel de voormiddag mee bezig)

This letter is a complaint. I think it can not that many sportmen and sportwomen bend the rules.
You must play a game seriously. Today many sportmen cheat. They take doping, the fake that they are in pain. Today, cheating is normal, nobody playing the game. Why cheat many sportmen, they want more money and they want to become famous.

First I tell who I am. I am XXXXX and I live in Waregem. Waregem is a city, we have a footballclub namely Essevee. Sometimes, I go with the Red Cross to a footballmatch. Some footballers fall over and pretend to be hurt. The result is that the opponet get a yellow card. A few minutes later, the footballer stand up and there is notting happende. I find it strange that the refereers believe the footballers. Another big areas for cheating in football is doping and match-fixing. Doctors must more and more check footballers for doping. In my opinion, they do it not enough. Some sportmen can take doping years. Match-fixing happened more and more. I think that it was in 2005. In Belgium there was a Chinese business mann. A lot of teams would have received money from the Chinese. He did it with teams with financiel problems. Lierse and other clubs must lose a lot of matches. When they had lost the match, the Chines gaves him much money. The chinese is still straceless.
There is not alone cheating in football, also in cycling and athletik. In the tour the France they are each year drug scandals. In 2006, was Floyd Landis stripped of his title after testing positive for synthetic testosterone. I can not believe but I have ever read in a magazine that some cyclers used batteries in his bike. It can be built into the frame of a bicycle. When you pressed a button, the pedals began turning, It a little bit absurd but they are professional riders that used a motor.
In Athletik, they are a lot of sportmen that cheat too, example Ben Johnson he was in 1988 disqualified for doping. It was in the summer Olympics of South Korea.

With doping you are better, it would help build muscle and power but they are also a lot of negative consequences. Sportmen can have a cardiac arrest, then you have certainly not won.

This holiday, there are the Olympic Games in London. I want this year, no cheating in sport. Cheating makes the game sull and we must do something More control before the match and after the match. I hope that my letter something will change.
Thank you very much, for the reading of my letter!

Alvast bedankt voor het helpen!!!
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 21-01-2012, 19:31
Em.
Ik vind de beginzin 'This letter is a complaint' raar klinken. Je kunt niet zeggen 'deze brief is een klacht' want een brief is geen klacht, het gaat hooguit over een klacht. Ik zou er iets van maken als 'ik schrijf u deze brief omdat (...)' of zoiets. 'I am writing you this letter, because I want to complain about (...)' - zoiets.

"I think it can not that many sportmen and sportwomen bend the rules. " De constructie 'ik denk niet dat het kan dat' is volgens mij vrij Nederlands en niet letterlijk te vertalen naar het Engels. Ik mis nog een werkwoord als ik lees 'I think it can not that' en ik vind het een beetje houterig klinken. Misschien kun je iets zeggen als "Ik denk dat teveel sporters de regels te vrij opnemen, en dat dat tegengaan zou moeten worden/niet zou moeten gebeuren (should not happen)". Dus zonder het 'it can not'.

"nobody playing the game" Dat kan niet. Als je iets met een -ing vorm zegt, moet daar altijd een vorm van 'to be' tussen. In dit geval dus 'nobody is playing the game". Ik weet overigens niet of die vorm hier trouwens zou moeten, ik denk dat een 'nobody plays the game' in dit geval beter klopt, al ben ik niet echt een held in Engelse tijden.

"Why cheat many sportmen, they want more money and they want to become famous"
Why betekent waarom, en als je een zin begint met 'waarom' is dat een vraagzin en eindigt die in een vraagteken. Ik denk dat je bedoelt 'de reden dat veel sporters valsspelen is omdat ze geld willen en beroemd willen worden". Maar eenvoudiger is het om te zeggen "veel sporters spelen vals omdat ze geld willen/beroemd willen zijn".

"First I tell who I am." Niet per se fout, wel raar. Je hebt namelijk eerst vertelt waar je brief over ging, en dan kom je nog eens aan met 'als eerste wil ik u vertellen wie ik ben'. Terwijl je dat dus als tweede vertelt, niet als eerste. Ik zou er trouwens nog 'you' tussen zetten, oh, en will. Dus niet 'eerst vertel ik wie ik ben' maar 'eerst zal ik u vertellen wie ik ben' (First I will tell you who I am).

"we have a footballclub namely Essevee" Namely? Named, lijkt me. In het Nederlands 'genaamd' (voltooid deelwoord) niet een soort bijvoegelijk naamwoord ('onze voetbalclub namende Essevee' zeg je niet).

"Some footballers fall over" gevoelsmatig zou ik zeggen 'trip over' - dat is meer struikelen. Maar gevoelsmatig ben ik niet heeel sterk met Engels, maar ik zou het even overwegen als ik jou was.

"Some footballers fall over and pretend to be hurt. The result is that the opponet get a yellow card." Ik denk dat het mooier zou zijn als je zei 'as a result the opponent gets a yellow card'. Oh, en ik zou zeggen dat het is 'he gets' en dus niet 'he get'.

"the footballer stand up" Is dat niet 'stands up'? Iets met bij he/she/it krijg je er nog 'n s achter in de tegenwoordige tijd.

"the footballer stand up and there is notting happende" Happend, niet happende. Het is een Engels werkwoord (-ed) geen Nederlandse (-de). En verder vind ik dat stukje sowieso raar. "Een voetballer wordt getrapt, valt, de ander krijgt een gele kaart, een paar minuten later staat hij op en er is niets gebeurd" - ik zou zeggen 'er was dus helemaal niets aan de hand'.

"I find" find betekent vinden, maar alleen in de betekenis van dat je iets kwijtraakt en het weer terugvond oid. Niet in de zin van een mening hebben. Je kan niet zeggen "I find yellow a pretty colour" enzo. Dat moet je dus veranderen.

"Another big areas" Another big is 'een ander groot' en daarna kan geen meervoud volgen. 'Another big area' kan, maar areas niet. Dan zou ik ervan maken 'some other big areas' denk ik.

"Doctors must more and more check footballers for doping." Must kan beter verandert worden in should (dat is 'zouden moeten') en 'more and more' doet me erg Nederlands aan. Hou het maar gewoon op more, of misschien 'vaker' of 'regelmatig'. En ik weet niet of het is 'check (...) for' maar ik weet ook niet wat wel.

"they do it not enough." Vreemde zin. Klopt niet, maar ik kan 'm niet zomaar verbeteren. Gewoon weglaten kan echter ook, lijkt me.

"Some sportmen can take doping years" Dit doet me afvragen wat 'dopingjaren' zijn. Als je bedoelt dat ze jarenlang doping kunnen nemen, dan moet er staan 'can take doping for years'.

En nu heb ik geen zin meer. Maar er staan inderdaad heel veel fouten in, dingen die soms in het Nederlands niet eens kunnen, en soms in het Nederlands wel, maar letterlijk vertaald in het Engels niet. Of je mist werkwoorden oid, of je tijden zijn raar. En ik heb er vast en zeker in het stukje dat ik gecontroleerd heb, nog lang niet alle fouten uitgehaald, want mijn Engels is nog verre van perfect. Maar het is wellicht een idee om meer Engels te lezen of zoiets, zodat je enigszins een beetje een idee krijgt van wat Engels is, en wat eigenlijk gewoon vertaald Nederlands is.
Oud 22-01-2012, 14:39
mathfreak
*ik geef hieronder de tekst met de nodige correcties weer*

This letter is meant as a complaint. I think it cannot be allowed that many sportsmen and sportswomen bend the rules.
*cannot wordt altijd als 1 woord geschreven*
You must play a game seriously. Today many sportsmen and sportswomen cheat. They take doping, faking that they are in pain. Today, cheating is normal, instead of playing the game seriously. Why do many sportsmen and sportswomen cheat, they want more money and they want to become famous.

First I will tell you who I am. I am XXXXX and I live in the city of Waregem. We have a footballclub at Waregem called Essevee. Sometimes, I go with the Red Cross to a footballmatch. Some footballers fall down and pretend to be hurt. The result is that the opponent gets a yellow card. A few minutes later, the footballer stands up and there is nothing going on. I find it strange that the referees believe the footballers. Some other big areas for cheating in football are doping and match-fixing.
*Areas is meervoud, dus je gebruikt het onbepaald telwoord some en de persoonsvorm are*
Doctors must check footballers for doping more and more. In my opinion, they do not do it enough. Some sportsmen and sportswomen can take doping for years. Match-fixing happened more and more. I think that it was in 2005. In Belgium there was a Chinese business man. A lot of teams would have received money from him. He it with teams with financiel problems. Lierse and other clubs had to loose a lot of matches. When they had lost the match, the Chinese business man gave them a lot of money. The Chinese business man is still nowhere to be found.
There is not only cheating in football, but also in cycle racing and athletics. In the Tour de France there are drug scandals each year. In 2006, Floyd Landis was stripped of his title after testing positive for synthetic testosterone. I cannot believe this but I once read in a magazine that some racing cyclists used batteries in their bike. It can be built into the frame of a bicycle. When you press a button, the pedals start turning. It is a little bit absurd but there are professional racing cyclists that used an engine.
In athletics, there are a lot of sportsmen and sportswomen that cheat too, for example Ben Johnson who was disqualified for doping in 1988. It was at the summer Olympics of South Korea.

With doping you perform better, it would help to build muscle and power but there are also a lot of negative consequences. Sportsmen and sportswomen can have a cardiac arrest, then you have certainly not won.

This holiday, there are the Olympic Games in London. I want no cheating in sport this year. Cheating makes the game sullen and we must do something more control before the match and after the match. I hope that my letter will change something.
Thank you very much for reading my letter!

Let op het onderscheid tussen het persoonlijk voornaamwoord they en het bijwoord van plaats there.
Oud 03-02-2012, 16:47
Help!
Begin eens met je brief in te leiden (dear sir)
Daarnaast netjes aflsuiten (yours sincerely o.i.d.)
Denk eraan dat je niet gwn google translate kan gebruiken en je meot nadenken over wat je op schrijft.
vragen? pm maar.
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten