Oud 18-12-2006, 16:05
Loor
Haaai!
Ik moet morgen (voor een cijfer) een stuk in het engels schrijven over mijn profielwerkstuk.. Heeft iemand zin om dit even na te kijken? Alvast bedankt!! xx

I’m going to tell how I chose the subject for my profilepaper, and also what I learned from writing it. I knew from the start that I wanted to do something with my favourite subject: philosophy. The second subject I wanted to use was History. When I had to choose a subject for my profilepaper, I realised that the subject CKV was more relevant. I decided, in consultation with Ms. Bruggemann (my philosophy teacher), that I wanted to write my profilepaper about ‘The art of living’. First I didn’t exactly know what ‘The art of living’ meant, but when I searched on the Internet I soon found information that convinced me about the fact I made the right decision to write about this subject. I think the most pleasant thing about this subject is that it has to do a lot with the university I want to do after my final exams, namely: The University for Humanistics in Utrecht. Humanistics is the academic study of meaning-related or existential issues, i.e., personal questions concerning meaning, and of processes of humanisation of society. A subject as ‘The art of living’ fits perfectly in this study. The art of living is about how to consider your own live as a work of art. Actually this is the main thing we are all living for. I don’t think everyone is fully aware of the fact it’s about a work of art, but we all want to be happy and I think happiness leads to ‘The art of living’. This is something I think is very interesting. For my profilepaper I also read a book ‘Over Levenskunst’ written by Joep Dohmen. He is a teacher at the University of Humanistics. This profilepaper had a sort of double function for me: It is of course my Profilepaper, and besides it’s also a kind of introduction for my continuation course. I learned a lot from writing it, and I think it was very interesting.
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten