Verwijderd
*geeft Iter biertje*

Ik heb er nu toch niets meer aan.
Oud 07-10-2004, 15:03
Verwijderd
Als iedereen dat nou 's zou doen..
Oud 07-10-2004, 15:13
Verwijderd
Dan zou de wereld een stukje mooier zijn. Maar dat begint bij jezelf.
Oud 07-10-2004, 15:17
Verwijderd
Maar wat moet ik dan doen?
Oud 07-10-2004, 15:20
Verwijderd
Mij bier geven. De rest van mijn leven. En je mag me niet doodschieten.
Oud 07-10-2004, 15:29
Verwijderd
Oke, goed idee.
Oud 07-10-2004, 15:36
Verwijderd
Neill Collins is going the extra mile in a bid to impress at Sunderland.

The centre-back, a £25,000 signing from Dumbarton, has hardly had time to blink since swapping his part-time role in Scotland for the Coca-Cola Championship.

Collins has featured in seven first-team games since moving to the Stadium of Light two months ago.

The Scot, 20, has also played in all but one of Sunderland's reserve games since the middle of August. It has resulted in a heavy schedule for the promising defender but you won't find him complaining.

"One of the things that has hit me since I came to Sunderland is the amount of travelling we do," he said.

"When you are in the first-team squad and playing for the reserves you clock up a lot of miles. Even last night's reserve game at Everton was a six-hour round trip.

"You don't often get a day off but I'm not complaining - in fact I'm loving it. The games are all good experience for me, whether it's the first-team or the reserves."

Collins marked his home debut by helping Sunderland keep a clean sheet against Derby on Saturday.

"That was pleasing," he said. "I was a bit nervous before the game but once it started it's just like any other game.

"I was happy with the way it went, the only disappointing thing was that we didn't win it. We're picking up points on a regular basis now and our confidence is high."
Oud 07-10-2004, 15:48
Verwijderd
The Dark Side of The Moon was released on March 24 1973, and since, has become one of the most succesful albums of all time, selling in excess of 35 million copies worldwide. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of this classic and groundbreaking album, The Dark Side of The Moon will be re-issued on March 31 2003 as a Hybrid SACD combining a remastered stereo version, and, for the first time ever, a mindblowing 5.1 Surround Sound mix. Also re-issued to celebrate the anniversary of this classic record will be the vinyl version in its original packaging.

Hybrid SACD plays in stereo on CD players and in 5.1 surround sound and stereo on all SACD and SACD compatible players.

This album has sold over 35 million copies during its history, and now set for a new lease of life with the release of the Hybrid SACD format.

The SACD format will also feature updated artwork of this classic album sleeve from original designer Storm Thorgerson.
Oud 07-10-2004, 17:51
Verwijderd
De topictitel klopt niet
Oud 07-10-2004, 17:57
Verwijderd
Dat is een waar woord!
Oud 07-10-2004, 18:08
Verwijderd
http://forum.scholieren.com/showthre...hreadid=975314

Ertur!
Vuile slet!
Dit zou ons geheimpje zijn!
Nu hebben zij het ook ontdekt!
Oud 07-10-2004, 18:09
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Iter schreef op 07-10-2004 @ 18:08 :
http://forum.scholieren.com/showthre...hreadid=975314

Ertur!
Vuile slet!
Dit zou ons geheimpje zijn!
Nu hebben zij het ook ontdekt!
Gaat over iets heel anders, kerel.
Oud 07-10-2004, 20:31
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Ertur schreef op 07-10-2004 @ 18:09 :
Gaat over iets heel anders, kerel.
O ja, M&M.
Ik was verblind door mijn woede.
Oud 07-10-2004, 20:46
=zwart wit=
Citaat:
Sarah schreef op 07-10-2004 @ 17:51 :
De topictitel klopt niet
er zijn ook mensen die niet helemaal kloppen .
Oud 07-10-2004, 20:59
Verwijderd
Citaat:
GanzenVeer schreef op 07-10-2004 @ 20:46 :
er zijn ook mensen die niet helemaal kloppen .
Lekker aardig.
Oud 08-10-2004, 00:14
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Iter schreef op 07-10-2004 @ 20:31 :
O ja, M&M.
Ik was verblind door mijn woede.
Geeft niets. Het kan de beste gebeuren.
Oud 08-10-2004, 00:17
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Ertur schreef op 08-10-2004 @ 00:14 :
Geeft niets. Het kan de beste gebeuren.
Blijkbaar.
Oud 08-10-2004, 00:18
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Iter schreef op 08-10-2004 @ 00:17 :
Blijkbaar.

Het is mij nog niet gebeurd.
Oud 08-10-2004, 00:21
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Ertur schreef op 08-10-2004 @ 00:18 :

Het is mij nog niet gebeurd.
Jij bent ook niet de allerbeste.
Oud 08-10-2004, 00:32
Mark Almighty
Boudewijn de Groot- Welterusten, meneer de president

Mijnheer de president, welterusten.
Slaap maar lekker in je mooie witte huis.
Denk maar niet te veel aan al die verre kusten
waar uw jongens zitten, eenzaam, ver van thuis.
Denk vooral niet aan die zesenveertig doden,
die vergissing laatst met dat bombardement.
En vergeet het vierde van die tien geboden
die u als goed christen zeker kent.

Denk maar niet aan al die jonge frontsoldaten
eenzaam stervend in de verre tropennacht.
Laat die weke pacifistenkliek maar praten,
mijnheer de president, slaap zacht.

Droom maar van de overwinning en de zege,
droom maar van uw mooie vredesideaal
dat nog nooit door bloedig moorden is verkregen,
droom maar dat het u wel lukken zal dit maal.
Denk maar niet aan al die mensen die verrekken,
hoeveel vrouwen, hoeveel kinderen zijn vermoord.
Droom maar dat u aan het langste eind zult trekken
en geloof van al die tegenstand geen woord.

Bajonetten met bloedige gevesten
houden ver van hier op uw bevel de wacht
voor de glorie en de eer van het vrije westen.
Mijnheer de president, slaap zacht.

Schrik maar niet te erg wanneer u in uw dromen
al die schuldeloze slachtoffers ziet staan
die daarginds bij het gevecht zijn omgekomen
en u vragen hoe lang dit nog zo moet gaan.
En u zult toch ook zo langzaamaan wel weten
dat er mensen zijn die ziek zijn van geweld,
die het bloed en de ellende niet vergeten
en voor wie nog steeds een mensenleven telt.

Droom maar niet te veel van al die dode mensen,
droom maar fijn van overwinning en van macht.
Denk maar niet aan al die vredeswensen.
Mijnheer de president, slaap zacht.
Oud 08-10-2004, 00:32
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Iter schreef op 08-10-2004 @ 00:21 :
Jij bent ook niet de allerbeste.

*voor trein springt*

*wacht tot trein gaat rijden*

Koud hier.
Oud 08-10-2004, 00:33
Verwijderd
The Nile Song (Waters) 3:23

I was standing by the Nile
When I saw the lady smile.
I would take her out for a while,
For a while.

Oh, my tears wept like a child.
How her golden hair was blowing wild.
Then she spread her wings to fly,
For to fly.

Soaring high above the breezes,
Going always where she pleases.
She will make it to the islands in the sun.

I will follow in her shadow
As I watch her from my window.
One day I will catch her eye.

She is calling from the deep,
Summoning my soul to endless sleep.
She is bound to drag me down,
Drag me down.

Oud 08-10-2004, 00:37
Verwijderd
Welterusten.
Oud 08-10-2004, 02:03
Mark Almighty
Dashing and daring, courageous and caring
Faithful and friendly, with stories to share
All through the forest, they sing out in chorus
Marching along, as their song fills the air

Gummi Bears
Bouncing here and there and everywhere
Their adventures goes beyond compare
They are the Gummi Bears

Magic and mystery are part of their history
Along with the secret of Gummi Beary-juice
Their legend is growing, they take pride in knowing
They'll fight for what's right in whatever they do

Gummi Bears
Bouncing here and there and everywhere
Their adventures goes beyond compare
They are the Gummi Bears

They are the Gummi Bears!
Oud 08-10-2004, 02:12
Mark Almighty
Turbulent wie 'nen Hurricane
Hier ist Dagobert Duck
Wer verhilft zum Happy End?
Es sind Tick, Trick und Track
Sie sind geheimn'svoll
Doch sie sind supertoll, die

Duck Tales
Neue Stories, Tag für Tag
Duck Tales
Keinen gibt's der sie nicht mag
die Duck Tales

V-v-v-vorsicht, es geth ab hier
Pluto und Goofy, alle sind bei dir
Entenhausen ist in Aufruhr

Duck Tales
Spass und Action, Slag um Slag
Duck Tales
Es gibt keiner der sie nicht mag
Duck Tales

Alles ist wahr, ganz wunderwar
Es sind Duck Tales!
Oud 08-10-2004, 08:41
Machiavelli
De Amerikaanse presidentsverkiezing houdt de hele wereld bezig: “Judgementsday” komt immers steeds dichterbij.
De verkiezingsstrijd verloopt saai, zonder uitschieters of ook maar één spectaculaire uitglijder. Er wordt niet eens met modder gegooid, bijna geen enkele Amerikaanse vrouw loopt er dan ook warm voor. En terecht vind ik, want als ik, als vrouw, zou moeten kiezen tussen Bush en Kerry, koos ik geen van tweeën.
Wat een stelletje droogkloten, boeiend noch prikkelend, niets maken ze in mij wakker, geen enkele erotische fantasie heb ik over hen, nog geen seconde.
Bush noch Kerry heeft sex-appeal, ze zijn absoluut niet te vergelijken met handsome “Wild” Bill Clinton, één van de weinige presidenten ooit die dat wél had. Een man die zijn dikke sigaar een geheel eigen seksimago aanmat en daarmee zelfs mijn erotische fantasieën een flinke oppepper gaf. Nee, als ik George W. en John F. eens goed bekijk, weet ik dat ze niet zullen scoren, niet alleen bij mij of bij hun eega’s, maar ook bij vele andere vrouwen niet, "boring" als ze zijn…

Amerikaanse vrouwen interesseren zich maar bar weinig voor politiek, ze vinden het saai en onbegrijpelijk. Vooral de laag opgeleide vrouwen hebben er weinig trek in, zij kunnen de stembus al niet eens vinden en zijn ze in staat zijn om te kiezen, laten zij zich vrijwel altijd door hun gevoel leiden. Niet de thema’s van de politieke partijen zijn het meest belangrijk, maar het uiterlijk van de presidentskandidaten en hun uitstraling.
Wild Bill bijvoorbeeld kreeg volgens mij vele stemmen extra, alleen al vanwege zijn “good looks”. George en John kunnen dit echter wel vergeten, want noch hun image noch hun uiterlijk zal de dames naar de stembus lokken.
Doodzonde, moet men gedacht hebben,wat jammer van al die verloren stemmen, misschien kan dr.Phil nog een wonder verrichten. Geen verkeerde gedachte, want dr.Phil is niet alleen Amerika’s meest bekende tv-psycholoog, maar ook razend populair bij de verveelde huisvrouwtjes, gestresste vrouwelijke workaholics, ontevreden echtgenotes en overspannen moeders, bij de verloren stemmen dus.

De huidige First Lady mocht als eerste op de bank bij dr.Phil. Keurig netjes zat zij daar, braaf naast haar echtgenoot, beantwoordend aan het beeld dat men van Laura Bush naar buiten heeft gebracht, zorgzaam en een voorbeeldige echtgenote, immer aanwezig, maar op de achtergrond, "boring" dus, net als haar echtgenoot.
De verloren stemmen hadden zich zenuwachtig kwijlend voor de buis geschaard, vol gespannen verwachting en met een paar zakken chips, chocolademuffins en een biertje onder handbereik.
Vergeten was alle stress, verveling en ontevredenheid, zij hadden alleen maar aandacht voor dr.Phil en de huwelijksproblemen van zijn bijzondere gasten, het wereldberoemdr echtpaar Laura en George Bush.

Het werd een bittere teleurstelling, een anticlimax, Laura verhaalde alleen maar over vroeger, over die goede oude tijd, toen George nog poepluiers verschoonde en de tweeling naar school bracht, over hoe trots zij is op haar echtgenoot, een geweldige vader, váder!
Geen openhartigheid, zelfs geen piepklein verhaal over een ordinaire ruzie waarin brave Laura haar man een zelfgebakken appeltaart naar het hoofd smeet, omdat hij met z’n gluiperige oogjes teveel naar de trillende en schuddende billen van zijn secretaresse had gekeken.
Zoiets komt toch àltijd bij dr.Phil ter sprake? In zijn show toch alleen maar huwelijksproblemen, saaie sekslevens, dat ene vluggertje per kwartaal, het orgasme van de vrouw dat er altijd bij inschiet en waarom je soms alleen maar appeltaarten kunt bakken?
Wat was ie tam, die dr.Phil. Waarom bijvoorbeeld spoorde hij George niet aan tot meer kwaliteitsseks en bracht hij Laura niet wat meer begrip voor Korsakow-patiënten bij?

De schijntherapie van John en Teresa Kerry zal evenmin een openbaring geweest zijn, het zal John geen extra stemmen opleveren en al helemaal geen verloren stemmen.
Want hoe "boring" kun je zijn, als je alleen maar kunt praten over het gezamenlijk grootbrengen van alle kinderen uit je vorige huwelijk?
Natuurlijk heeft Teresa wel een boekje opengedaan over haar John, onafhankelijke, steenrijke, flamboyante en glamoureuze, uit de school klappende echtgenote als zij is en niet te vergeten, antipode van Laura Bush.
Zij zal niet nagelaten hebben om te vertellen over haar seksleven, bijvoorbeeld over die keer toen John met zijn trouwe hondenkop plotseling van onder de zijden lakens opdook en paniekerig uitriep: “Hell! It’s dark in here”.
Teresa zal dr.Phil beslist om raad gevraagd hebben. Het is toch ook verdomd moeilijk om een orgasme te krijgen, met een door oorlog en geweld getraumatiseerde presidentskandidaat? Ik verwacht niet anders dat dr.Phil daar een oplossing voor heeft bedacht, ook voor de nachtmerries van John, voor álle doorwaakte nachten trouwens.

Helaas zullen we dit nooit te zien of te horen krijgen, want de meest persoonlijke en intieme details van deze presidentiële sessies, de écht interessante, zullen eruit geknipt worden, dát past nu eenmaal niet in het verkiezingsscenario.
We zullen er nooit achterkomen of George dol is op bananen, Laura in de echtelijke sponde wel eens een striptease uitvoert, welk standje John wél prefereert en of Teresa daarbij haar eigen merk ketchup gebruikt.
Van één ding kunnen we wél zeker zijn: het wordt George of John. Wie het ook zal worden, hij zal vreselijk tekort schieten, dat weet ik nu al...
Oud 08-10-2004, 09:55
Verwijderd
Oud 08-10-2004, 09:58
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Iter schreef op 08-10-2004 @ 09:55 :
[afbeelding]
hier doet ie het niet. Kan aan deze pc liggen.
Oud 08-10-2004, 10:06
Verwijderd
Hoe kan ik praten tegen muren, waar moet ik met mezelf naar toe?

Hoe lang moet ik dit nog verduren, WANNEER BEN JIJ DIE MAN WEER MOE?
Oud 08-10-2004, 10:13
Machiavelli
Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited. What a Utopia! What a paradise this region would be.

John Adams
Oud 08-10-2004, 10:15
Verwijderd
Ik ga in bad.
Oud 08-10-2004, 10:22
Rollo Tomasi
"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all." (The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, pp. 8,9 (Republished 1984, Prometheus Books, Buffalo, NY))

"No man on Earth has less taste or talent for criticism than myself, and the least and last of all should I undertake to criticize works on the Apocalypse (Revelations). It was between fifty and sixty years since I read it and then I considered it as merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy, nor capable of explanation than the incoherence of our own nightly dreams."--Thomas Jefferson

In 1797 the Senate ratified and President Adams signed the Treaty of Peace and Friendship Between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, of Barbary. Article XI of that treaty reads,

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."
(The Character of John Adams by Peter Shaw, pp. 17 (1976, North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, NC) Quoting a letter by JA to Charles Cushing Oct 19, 1756, and John Adams, A Biography in his Own Words, edited by James Peabody, p. 403 (1973, Newsweek, New York NY) Quoting letter by JA to Jefferson April 19, 1817, and in reference to the treaty, Thomas Jefferson, Passionate Pilgrim by Alf Mapp Jr., pp. 311 (1991, Madison Books, Lanham, MD) quoting letter by TJ to Dr. Benjamin Waterhouse, June, 1814.)

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."
"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."
(The Madisons by Virginia Moore, P. 43 (1979, McGraw-Hill Co. New York, NY) quoting a letter by JM to William Bradford April 1, 1774, and James Madison, A Biography in his Own Words, edited by Joseph Gardner, p. 93, (1974, Newsweek, New York, NY) Quoting Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments by JM, June 1785.)

"I am a denominated a Deist, the reality of which I never disputed, being conscious that I am no Christian." -- Ethan Allen (Religion of the American Enlightenment by G. Adolph Koch, p. 40 (1968, Thomas Crowell Co., New York, NY.) quoting preface and p. 352 of Reason, the Only Oracle of Man and A Sense of History compiled by American Heritage Press Inc., p. 103 (1985, American Heritage Press, Inc., New York, NY.))

"What influence, in fact, have ecclesiastical establishments had on society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the civil authority; on many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny; in no instance have they been the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wish to subvert the public liberty may have found an established clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not." -- James Madison, From "A Memorial and Remonstrance", 1785

"And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together."--James Madison

Benjamin Franklin

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion...has received various corrupting Changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his Divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the Truth with less trouble."

George Washington

Championed the cause of freedom from religious intolerance and compulsion. When John Murray (a universalist who denied the existence of hell) was invited to become an army chaplain, the other chaplains petitioned Washington for his dismissal. Instead, Washington gave him the appointment. On his deathbed, Washinton uttered no words of a religious nature and did not call for a clergyman to be in attendance. (from: George Washington and Religion by Paul F. Boller Jr., pp. 16, 87, 88, 108, 113, 121, 127)

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved -- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"--John Adams

"The Christian priesthood, finding the doctrines of Christ leveled to every understanding and too plain to need explanation, saw, in the mysticisms of Plato, materials with which they might build up an artificial system which might, from its indistinctness, admit everlasting controversy, give employment for their order, and introduce it to profit, power, and pre-eminence. The doctrines which flowed from the lips of Jesus himself are within the comprehension of a child; but thousands of volumes have not yet explained the Platonisms engrafted on them: and for this obvious reason that nonsense can never be explained."--Thomas Jefferson
(Thomas Jefferson, an Intimate History by Fawn M. Brodie, p. 453 (1974, W.W) Norton and Co. Inc. New York, NY) Quoting a letter by TJ to Alexander Smyth Jan 17, 1825, and Thomas Jefferson, Passionate Pilgrim by Alf Mapp Jr., pp. 246 (1991, Madison Books, Lanham, MD) quoting letter by TJ to John Adams, July 5, 1814.)

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children since the introduction of Christianity have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. And to support roguery and error all over the earth." -- Thomas Jefferson wrote in a letter to William Short

Jefferson again
"Christianity...(has become) the most perverted system that ever shone on
man...Rogueries, absurdities and untruths were perpetrated upon the
teachings of Jesus by a large band of dupes and imposters led by Paul, the
first great corruptor of the teachings of Jesus."

"If I could have entertained the slightest apprehension, that the constitution framed in the convention, where I had the honor to preside, might possibly endanger the religious rights of any ecclesiastical society, certainly I would never have placed my signature to it; and, if I could now conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution. For you doubtless remember, that I have often expressed my sentiments, that every man, conducting himself as a good citizen, and being accountable to God alone for his religious opinions, ought to be protected in worshiping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience."

(Letter from George Washington to the General Committee of Baptist Churches (May 1789), in 12 Writings of Washington, at 155 (Sparks ed.).)

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting establisment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of seperation between church and state." -- Thomas Jefferson
Oud 08-10-2004, 10:28
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Ertur schreef op 08-10-2004 @ 09:58 :
hier doet ie het niet. Kan aan deze pc liggen.
Bij mij doet ie het.
Oud 08-10-2004, 11:05
Verwijderd
Oud 08-10-2004, 11:16
Verwijderd
Tofke is slotjes aan het zetten op BZ.
Oud 08-10-2004, 11:26
Machiavelli
His uncle Antoninus Pius adopted him as a son and designated him his successor on February 25, 138, when Marcus was only seventeen years of age. Antoninus also named Lucius Verus as his successor. When Antoninus died, Marcus accepted the throne on the condition that he and Verus were made joint emperors (Augusti), with Verus partly subordinate. The reasons for this are unclear.

The joint succession may have been motivated by military exigency. During his reign Marcus Aurelius was almost constantly at war with various peoples outside the Empire. Germanic and other peoples launched many raids along the long European border, particularly into Gaul. (They, in turn, may have been under attack from more warlike tribes farther east.) In Asia, a revitalized Parthian empire renewed its assault. A highly authoritative figure was needed to command the troops, yet the emperor himself could not defend both fronts at the same time. Neither could he simply appoint a general to lead one assault; earlier popular military leaders like Julius Caesar and Vespasian had used the military to overthrow the existing government and install themselves as supreme leaders.

Marcus Aurelius solved the problem by sending Verus to command the legions in the east. He was authoritative enough to command the full loyalty of the troops, but already powerful enough that he had little incentive to overthrow Marcus. The plan was successful - Verus remained loyal until his death on campaign in 169. This joint emperorship was faintly reminiscent of the political system of the Roman Republic, which functioned according to the principle of collegiality and did not allow a single person to hold supreme power. Joint rule was revived by Diocletian's establishment of the Tetrarchy in the late 3rd century.
Italian euro coin of Marcus Aurelius

Aurelius married Faustina the Younger in 145. During their 30-year marriage Faustina bore 13 children, most notably son Commodus who would become Emperor and daughter Lucilla who was wed to Lucius Verus to solidify his alliance with Marcus Aurelius.

Marcus Aurelius died on March 17, 180 during the expedition against the Marcomanni in the city of Vindobona (today Vienna). His ashes were returned to Rome and rest in Hadrian's mausoleum. He was able to secure the succession for his son Commodus, who he made co-emperor in his own lifetime (in 177), though the choice may have been unfortunate. Commodus was a political and military outsider, as well as an extreme egotist. Many historians belive that the decline of Rome began under Commodus. For this reason, Aurelius' death is often held to have been the end of the Pax Romana.
[edit]

Depictions in art

A well preserved bronze equestrian sculpture of Marcus Aurelius is located in Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome. In fact, it is the only surviving bronze statue of a pre-Christian Roman emperor- the reason being that following Rome's conversion to Christianity, when statues of Emperors were being melted down to make statues for the Christian churches, it was (incorrectly) thought that the statue was of the Emperor Constantine, who 'Christianised' Rome, and so it was left alone. This statue is the subject of a €0.50 Italian euro coin designed by Roberto Mauri.
[edit]

Meditations
Bust of Marcus Aurelius
Enlarge
Bust of Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius has a reputation, possibly exaggerated by history, as a Stoic philosopher. He wrote his well-known Meditations in Greek while on campaign, as a source for his own guidance and self-improvement . Those memos survive and continue to inspire others to this day. Some popular English translations include:

* Meditations, translated by Maxwell Stainforth. ISBN 0140441409.
* Meditations, translated by Gregory Hays. ISBN 0679642609.
* The Emperor's Handbook: A New Translation of the Meditations, translated by Scot and David Hicks. ISBN 0743233832.

[edit]

Appearances in film and literature

* The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964 film), played by Alec Guinness
* Household Gods (1999 novel), by Judith Tarr and Harry Turtledove. ISBN 0613351479.
* Gladiator (2000 film), played by Richard Harris

[edit]

See also

* Roman Empire
* List of Roman Emperors
* the Five Good Emperors, of which Marcus Aurelius is considered the last

[edit]

External links
Oud 08-10-2004, 11:29
Verwijderd
Over hem heb ik eens een werkstuk gemaakt.
Oud 08-10-2004, 11:47
Verwijderd
Pfoei, hij is nog open.
Oud 08-10-2004, 12:05
Verwijderd
Blijft spannend he.
Oud 08-10-2004, 12:09
Verwijderd
Ja, Tofke was dreigend aanwezig! Maar hij keek in zijn hart en zag dat het goed was.
Oud 08-10-2004, 12:11
Machiavelli
Citaat:
Ertur schreef op 08-10-2004 @ 12:09 :
Ja, Tofke was dreigend aanwezig! Maar hij keek in zijn hart en zag dat het goed was.
Welk hart?
Oud 08-10-2004, 12:13
Verwijderd
JOOST VAN DEN VONDEL
Primaire literatuur
Den gulden winckel. Ed. J. Becker. Soest 1978.
Het lof der zeevaert. Ed. H. den Haan. Uitgeest 1985. Of: Vondels Inwydinge van 't stadhuis t' Amsterdam. Ed. S. Albrecht e.a. Muiderberg 1982. Literatuur en maatschappij in de zeventiende eeuw I.
Gysbrecht van Aemstel. Ed. M.B. Smits-Veldt. Amsterdam 1994 (Alfa). Of: Lucifer. Ed. L. Rens. Den Haag 1979, ook in: W.B. dl V, p. 602-696.
Aenleidinge ter Nederduitsche dichtkunste. Ed. werkgroep Utrechtse neerlandici. Utrecht 1977.
Vondel vocaal. De liederen van Vondel bijeengebracht en ingeleid door K. de Bruijn en M. Spies. Haarlem 1988.
Bloemlezing uit Vondels lyriek. Ed. M.A. Schenkeveld- Van der Dussen. Zutphen [1970], Klassiek Letterkundig Pantheon 187. Of: Lust tot poëzie. Ed. J. Konst en H. Luijten. Amsterdam 1989. Griffioen.
Secundaire literatuur
De inleidingen bij de genoemde tekstedities, tenzij anders vermeld.
Voor een overzicht: M.B. Smits-Veldt en M. Spies, Vondel. Volledige dichtwerken en oorspronkelijk proza. Verzorgd door Albert Verwey. Amsterdam 1986. Hieruit de inleiding (p. IX-XLII).
Vondels leven beschreven door een tijdgenoot: G. Brandt, Het leven van Joost van den Vondel. Ed. M.M. van Oostrom en M.A. Schenkeveld- van der Dussen. Amsterdam 1986. Griffioen.
K. Porteman, ' "D'een klapt, t' geen d' ander heelde." Kijken en lezen in en rond Den gulden winckel (1613).' In: S.F. Witstein en E.K. Grootes (red.), Visies op Vondel na 300 jaar. Den Haag 1979, p.26-59.
J. van den Vondel, Twee zeevaart-gedichten. Ed. M. Spies. Amsterdam, Oxford, New York 1987. 2 dln. Hieruit: dl 1, hoofdstuk 3, hiervan p. 143-171. Of: M. Spies, 'Het stadhuis staat op de Dam. Een onderzoek naar de argumentele opbouw van Vondels Inwijdinghe van het Stadhuis t' Amsterdam (1655).' In: S.F. Witstein en E.K. Grootes (red.), Visies op Vondel na 300 jaar. Den Haag 1973, p. 165-172.
R. van Stipriaan, 'Gysbrecht van Aemstel als tragische held.' In: De Zeventiende Eeuw 2 (1996), p. 359-377. Of: E. van Alphen, 'Eendracht maakt macht; het geval van Vondels Lucifer'. In: E. van Alphen, Bang voor schennis? Inleiding in de ideologiekritiek. Utrecht 1987. p. 77-95.
A.J. Gelderblom, 'Dichter bij een droogmakerij'. In: Visies op Vondel na 300 jaar. Den Haag 1979, p. 11-25. Ook in: Mannen en maagden in Hollands tuin. Interpretatieve studies van Nederlandse letterkunde 1575-1781. Amsterdam 1991, p. 63-77.
R.B. Evenhuis, 'De hekeldichten van Vondel'. In: idem, Ook dat was Amsterdam. De kerk der hervorming in de Gouden Eeuw. Amsterdam 1967, 3 dln. Hieruit: deel 2, p. 374-384.
Oud 08-10-2004, 12:24
Verwijderd
Oud 08-10-2004, 12:24
Verwijderd
Spammen tot de 150!
Advertentie
Topic gesloten

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten