Oud 22-10-2007, 14:28
Verwijderd
Dit is mijn motivatiebrief voor mijn uitwisseling naar Chili, ik zou dankbaar zijn als jullie je visie er eens op konden geven

Dear Sir, Madam,

I am applying for a place in the exchange program with Santiago de Chile, and in this letter I will elaborate on the reasons why I want to go there.

Firstly, I think going on exchange in general can be an extremely valuable experience and I am very thankful for having this opportunity. I think it is of great value to look at any field of study from a different, foreign perspective, but especially in my major, which is Economics and Geography, place and environment play a really important role. Although I am writing papers about globalization and the world network of cities, I have only seen a very little part of the world myself and if I were to go to Chile, I would really like to make use of the opportunity to travel and see as much of South America as possible. Besides, I think it takes quite some adaptability to get settled in a totally new country and culture, and I think this is a very important thing to learn. I would really like to live among the local population and get to know everything there is to know about their culture, habits and their view on the world. For that reason I would definitely try to find a room in a house with Chileans rather than in an international house.

Secondly, I will explain why I want to go to Chile in specific. Actually I have been dreaming about going to Australia for many years, but this changed when I started studying Spanish about a year ago. From the first lesson on I was fascinated by this language and now I really want to learn to speak Spanish like a native. I think the classes here are great and the teachers can really motivate me, but there is no better way to learn a language than to hear and see it all day. Furthermore I think Chile is a fascinating country, with its turbulent political history and its immensely diverse landscape. As I mentioned before, I have not really traveled much, so I cannot provide vivid stories or anecdotes about Chile, and all the information I have is from what I have heard and read. But when I speak to people who have been there, they keep telling me what a beautiful country it is and what a privilege it is to study there. That is why I want to experience first hand how it would be to study and live in Chile. I am planning to take courses there that are really specific for the country, such as Climatology of Chile, so that they both fit my curriculum and I can learn more about the country. Chile is still a reasonably poor country, and I would really like to do some community service such as teaching the children English there if I can find the time.

Finally, I consider myself a suitable candidate for this program. In my time at UCU I have really showed my motivation, both academically and socially. Currently my GPA is 3.75 and I am involved in several committees. I wish to perfect my Spanish and I am planning to devote my life to international economics and geography, so I think going to Chile is a very good step in that direction. I hope that I have convinced you of my motivation and that you will grant me this opportunity.

Yours faithfully,

Laatst gewijzigd op 15-12-2009 om 20:46.
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 22-10-2007, 22:17
choking Trojan
Hij loopt best goed, alleen zijn de zinnen misschien wat lang. In het Engels houden ze toch meestal van korte(re) zinnen. Maar het is volgens mij niet grammaticaal fout ofzo.

Alleen: 'teaching the children' zou ik 'teaching children' van maken. Ze gebruiken in het Engels minder vaak 'the' dan in het Nederlands, en hier zou ik het ook laten.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 23-10-2007, 10:12
Verwijderd
Ik vind het ook goed, heb geen moeite met de zinnen verder, dat lijkt me geen probleem. Maar inderdaad wel van choking Trojan zegt; maar er 'teaching children' van
Met citaat reageren
Oud 23-10-2007, 10:20
Verwijderd
dank jullie ja ik heb inmiddels sommige zinnen al opgedeeld.

Ik ben gewoon zo determined om een goede brief te schrijven omdat er zoveel van af hangt
Met citaat reageren
Oud 23-10-2007, 19:50
Al Murphy
Op je taal heb ik niks aan te merken. Je schrijft beter in een taal die volgens mij niet je moedertaal is, dan heel veel mensen in hun eigen taal schrijven.

Inhoudelijk schrijf je een paar dingen die ik persoonlijk niet in een motivatiebrief zou zetten, maar dat is vooral een persoonlijke keuze, en zeker niet fout of zo. Maar ik zou bijvoorbeeld nooit een zin beginnen met "Chile is still a reasonably poor country". Ook hun turbulent politiek verleden zou ik niet aanhalen, maar natuurlijk lieg je er geen letter mee. En verder heb ik geen flauw idee van wat een GPA van 3.5 is, maar in elk geval: proficiat (c;
Oud 23-10-2007, 20:46
tuttebel
For that reason I would definitely try to find a room in a house with Chileans rather than in an international house.
- deze zin klopt niet helemaal volgens mij. than staying in an international house oid zou ik ervan maken.

, but there is no better way to learn a language than to hear and see it all day
- but there is no better way to learn a language than to be constantly confronted with it - klinkt beter vind ik.

Dat zijn wat kleine dingetjes die verbeterd zouden kunnen worden. Verder zou ik veel zinnen echt nog even in 2en hakken, want ze zijn erg lang voor in een Engelse brief. (nauwelijks komma's gebruiken dus).
Qua inhoud weet ik niet wat er in zou moeten, dus daar hou ik me buiten. T ziet er goed uit iig.
Oud 23-10-2007, 21:41
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Op je taal heb ik niks aan te merken. Je schrijft beter in een taal die volgens mij niet je moedertaal is, dan heel veel mensen in hun eigen taal schrijven.

Inhoudelijk schrijf je een paar dingen die ik persoonlijk niet in een motivatiebrief zou zetten, maar dat is vooral een persoonlijke keuze, en zeker niet fout of zo. Maar ik zou bijvoorbeeld nooit een zin beginnen met "Chile is still a reasonably poor country". Ook hun turbulent politiek verleden zou ik niet aanhalen, maar natuurlijk lieg je er geen letter mee. En verder heb ik geen flauw idee van wat een GPA van 3.5 is, maar in elk geval: proficiat (c;
Mja die brief gaat niet naar de mensen van Chili zelf maar naar die van de UU dus ik denk niet dat zij het beledigend zullen opvatten.
En GPA is het amerikaanse equivalent van cijfers, op een schaal van 0 tot 4
Met citaat reageren
Oud 23-10-2007, 21:43
Verwijderd
Citaat:
For that reason I would definitely try to find a room in a house with Chileans rather than in an international house.
- deze zin klopt niet helemaal volgens mij. than staying in an international house oid zou ik ervan maken.

, but there is no better way to learn a language than to hear and see it all day
- but there is no better way to learn a language than to be constantly confronted with it - klinkt beter vind ik.

Dat zijn wat kleine dingetjes die verbeterd zouden kunnen worden. Verder zou ik veel zinnen echt nog even in 2en hakken, want ze zijn erg lang voor in een Engelse brief. (nauwelijks komma's gebruiken dus).
Qua inhoud weet ik niet wat er in zou moeten, dus daar hou ik me buiten. T ziet er goed uit iig.
Ja die van die kamer had ik idd al verbeterd naar "rather than a room in an international house" en idd die lange zinnen had ik ook wat aan veranderd.
Maar bedankt voor de tips

Ik denk dat hij zo wel klaar is maar ik ben nog steeds veel te zenuwachtig, maar 2 plaatsen voor de hele UU
Met citaat reageren
Oud 26-10-2007, 11:37
Verwijderd
Ik zou 'Chile is still a reasonably poor country' weglaten, verder is het een goede brief. In plaats daarvan zou ik een zin maken zoals: 'I would love to do community service such as teaching English. I can use my knowledge to teach the local children the basics of English, or pursue it to higher levels. Anything I can do to contribute to that would be great, there are many benefits to knowing English.'

Ik noem maar iets, je kan er ook een heel andere zin van maken maar op deze manier kweek je 'goodwill' en is het meer politiek correct.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 27-10-2007, 18:15
Verwijderd
Als je die laatste zin maar niet zo erin zet, comma splice.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 28-10-2007, 15:01
Verwijderd
Goed gezien
Met citaat reageren
Oud 28-10-2007, 18:57
Verwijderd
He je doet ook TCS. Eerstejaars dan toch? En ook met Engels?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-10-2007, 09:31
Verwijderd
Klopt, eerstejaars maar dan Frans.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 29-10-2007, 12:50
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Als je die laatste zin maar niet zo erin zet, comma splice.
wat bedoel je?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 04-11-2007, 19:34
Verwijderd
Citaat:
wat bedoel je?
"Anything I can do to contribute to that would be great, there are many benefits to knowing English."
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten