Oud 30-10-2005, 19:18
the Delicious
Dit heb ik voor engels geschreven, de opdracht 'character development': 1A4 als begin van een nieuw boek. Dit is het resultaat, misschien ga ik er nog op door.

Several days after I lost you, I lost the silent war of seeing the sun rise. Staring at the horizon which tried to reveal its treasures, I forgot to taste the brightest colour. Although some people say white isn't a real colour, for me it was. But then, when my life was taken from me, I only saw the rest of the colours which all together made up black. And for a moment, I liked it. I delivered my soul to what seemed like heaven but was ruled by a dark power, and soon I saw my spirit being carried away beyond the winds of history.
How I learnt to be dependant, but somehow I have to manage on my own now. Since the light is gone I searched for memories in which the sun rose and enlightened the world day after day. I found myself as a little girl, innocent and free.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Suzy, happy birthday to you!”
When I woke up this morning, my parents were singing. Jack sort of sang along, although he is too young to even understand the words he tries to pronounce. Anyway, he made some funny noises. I like my little brother. However, today is my birthday. Now I am six years old, I think I will become a very smart girl.

A smart girl, that is what I should be by now. Instead I’m afraid of everything around me, including my own decisions. The memory faded away and one of the stars left in the dark black sky extinguished. Again I was thrown in my new world, a world where I couldn’t live long enough to survive myself. I looked for some signs which could prove your presence, but the light even took along my shadow. Before I could drown myself in some new memories, I realised that time was the only thing I had, and, although it couldn’t be taken from me and it was just a little, it was precious.
From now on, I should carry my time in my arms and make sure I wouldn’t lose it like I lost my dreams that you took away when you left.
I hung on to my illusions like grim death. However they had been misleading me while I was blind for the truth, which I still was, they helped me to find my way in the dark. I cursed the light that didn’t exist in my life and started running.
Somewhere at the edge of time, I found you, living my dreams I created long ago. Unlike I expected you didn’t help me over the edge on my way to nowhere. Instead, you held me like I was the precious. I was grateful on the moment I thought I found back my source of life, but I was too late to prevent you from kissing me goodbye. Just before I ran out of my time, I saw you, bathed in sunlight, and I understood my problem. I admired you more than I have ever loved myself.
Oud 30-10-2005, 21:26
Verwijderd
Waar de fuck gaat dit over?. Dit is een boek wat ik in ieder geval nóóit zou lezen. Al die vage metaforen, lopen naar mijn idee totaal niet, en wat je precies wilt overbrengen is mij totaal duister. Je woordkeus en basisgrammatica is sterk voor je leeftijd, maar de inhoud is mij een raadsel.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 31-10-2005, 16:13
the Delicious
De inhoud is duister ja, maar dat is mijn bedoeling ook. Er zijn vast een paar mensen die het snappen, maar dat zijn alleen de mensen die me goed kennen. Ik denk dat het vervolg iets duidelijker wordt, maar daardoor ook onpersoonlijker. Over de grammatica en vocabulaire: bedankt komt denk ik omdat ik tweetalig vwo doe
Oud 31-10-2005, 16:51
Martine1986
Ik begrijp er werkelijk niets van. De meeste zinnen zijn niet te volgen omdat ze te letterlijk vertaald lijken te zijn uit het nederlands. Verder kan ik er weinig over zeggen omdat ik het verhaal niet snap Ik denk dat je verhaal beter tot zijn recht komt als je het gewoon in het nederlands schrijft.
Oud 31-10-2005, 17:06
the Delicious
Citaat:
Martine1986 schreef op 31-10-2005 @ 17:51 :
De meeste zinnen zijn niet te volgen omdat ze te letterlijk vertaald lijken te zijn uit het nederlands.
kan je voorbeelden geven?
Oud 31-10-2005, 17:50
T_ID
I read this... it, three times, and I still haven't the foggiest idea what she's trying to say.

Furthermore, I noticed this sentence being far from correct:
Unlike I expected you didn’t help me over the edge on my way to nowhere.

Unlike you, whom I expected to (do something) is possible however.
Oud 31-10-2005, 18:15
the Delicious
Citaat:
T_ID schreef op 31-10-2005 @ 18:50 :
I read this... it, three times, and I still haven't the foggiest idea what she's trying to say.

Furthermore, I noticed this sentence being far from correct:
Unlike I expected you didn’t help me over the edge on my way to nowhere.

Unlike you, whom I expected to (do something) is possible however.
Ik weet niet hoe het komt dat bijna niemand het snapt... Oke, het is vaag, en je moet me kennen/weten waar ik écht op doel om het écht te snappen, maar kun je er echt niks van maken?

Dit snap ik even niet: waarom beginnen met: unlike you?. Misschien moet er een komma tussen zodat het wordt: Unlike I expected, you didn't help me over the edge on my way to nowhere (?)
Oud 31-10-2005, 22:25
T_ID
Omdat 'unlike' een vergelijking is.

Deze auto is zwart, in tegenstelling tot die andere. -> Unlike the other, this is black.

Het valt me op dat er in elke regel minstens twee keer 'I' staat, probeer met synoniemen wat af te wisselen, anders krijg je versregels in plaats van een hoofdstuk.

Verder is dit veel te poëtisch om een begin van een boek te kunnen vormen. Zelf zou ik eerder proberen om personen voor te stellen, introduceer karakters, dat is essentieel voor een begin. Kijk anders naar het andere topic dat ik op Letteren heb gepost, daar begin ik een aantal hoofdstukken in praktisch blanco ruimte voor de lezer en probeer ik en passant begrippen te introduceren, misschien kun je daar iets van af leiden?
Oud 01-11-2005, 12:47
the Delicious
'In tegenstelling tot wat ik verwachtte, hielp hij me niet...' ?

Met dat 'I' zat ik ook inderdaad, maar wat voor synoniemen kun je daar voor gebruiken? Over de personages, tja, dat laat ik verlopig nog even zo, ik vond zelf dat de herinnering van het meisje eignelijk al te veel vertelt... Misschien maak ik de pagina die hierna komt nog eens af, die zal duidelijker zijn...
Maar eerst NaNoWriMo

Ik zal wel naar het topic kijken.
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten