Oud 13-12-2010, 23:30
jeroennn
Beste scholieren

Volgend jaar wil ik een half jaar naar Amerika om daar te gaan studeren. NU moet ik hiervoor een engelse motivatiebrief voor schrijven. Mijn engels is niet extreem goed en je kijkt ook vaak over je fouten heten dus vandaar dat ik vriendelijk vraag of er mensen zijn die er even naar willen/kunnen kijken.

MvG,
Jeroen

Motivation letter

Who am I ?

I am Jeroen, 21 years old and I live in XXX with my parents and my little brother. I had received my HAVO on 1 July 2007 and after my graduation I started with the study: XXX. I did not like that study and changed to XXX . But in a class as the only boy with 25 girls was also not meant for me. So again I changed my study to Commerciele Economie. In my spare time I play XXX, do a lot of Fitness and socialize with friends. As if the 2nd of February I started my own company called XXX . This way I can better divide my time in my busy schedule with school, sports and friends.

Why studying international ?

Although I have a perfect life here, I would give that all up to study in a other country, to explore more of the world, studying other cultures, learning new people and experience how to live when you on your own in a different unknown country. A lot of people would be hold that not to go but for me it only works clockwise and gives me more power to go.
Even when I was little I would like to travel all over the world. Before I started college my plan was to go on a worldtrip after graduating my college. Sadly I have chosen 2 wrong studies and finally ended up with my 3rd study I love. So 2 years I “wasted” with 2 different studies I did not complete. So now when the chance came to study abroad, it would be only foolish of me not to grab a life changing experience.

My Choices:

Choice 1: AMERICAAA!!!!!!!!
There is no country in the world that can compete with America. It all started a year of 10 ago when I was on a two week vacation with my parents in Disneyland. Since then I am totally fascinated and addicted about America. Studying and sleeping on a campus, making friends and start a totally different en new life. Travel and visit and explore great cities like New York and Las Vegas and see how those people live. Experience the American subcultures and improving your English by the minute by following classes and hanging out with new friends. Ye, going to America is really a dream coming true! I will travel today if I have to.

Choice 2: Sweden
This is one of the most difficult decisions I had to make in my life. Because I know and how hard it sounds, that If you’re not got chosen for your first choice you have to go to your second. So after longs weeks of brainstorming my second choice is studying in Sweden. Sweden is one of world’s most beautiful countries. The living and society standards are way above average. Although Sweden is nothing compare to America and I do not speak the language I know that I will learn a lot and that it will change my life.

Choice 3: England
My third choice is England. Three years back we went with a schooltrip to London. It’s a magnificent city. The people are very kind and nice. I can speak and understand the language. Besides I can travel to Scotland and Ireland. 2 countries I would love to see. Great landscape and a beautiful nature.
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 18-12-2010, 09:34
Scholier
Citaat:
Choice 3: England
My third choice is England. Three years back we went with a schooltrip to London. It’s a magnificent city. The people are very kind and nice. I can speak and understand the language. Besides I can travel to Scotland and Ireland. 2 countries I would love to see. Great landscape and a beautiful nature.
Is Schotland wel een land?
Citaat:
Wikipedia.org schreef:
Schotland (Engels en Schots: Scotland, Schots-Gaelisch: Alba) is een voormalig koninkrijk en vormt met Engeland, Noord-Ierland en Wales één staat: het Verenigd Koninkrijk. Het omvat het noordelijk deel van het eiland Groot-Brittannië en grenst in het zuiden aan Engeland. Schotland kent een eigen rechtsstelsel, vlag, bankbiljetten en binnenlands bestuur, maar in de internationale betrekkingen speelt als soevereine staat alleen het Verenigd Koninkrijk een rol. Hoewel de regering daarvan Schotland een land noemt, is het dat niet in de strikte betekenis van 'onafhankelijke staat', maar wel in een wat ruimere betekenis van 'begrensd gebied met een politieke identiteit'. Schotland telt ruim 5,1 miljoen inwoners.
Even voor de mede Forummers: Het is niet de bedoeling in dit Topic daar over te discussiëren, tenzij 'jeroenn' dat wil.

Ik gaf dit aan voor hem om evt. naar te kijken.

P.S. Helaas is mijn Engels niet zo goed dat ik hier foutjes uit haal.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 19-12-2010, 14:08
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Is Schotland wel een land?
Ha dat is een moeilijk vraag want het hangt altijd een beetje van de context af.

In dit geval is het prima om te verwijzen naar schotland als ''country''.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 21-12-2010, 13:55
Jannekus
Heeft het nog nut om naar deze brief te kijken? Het is inmiddels al een week geleden en ik weet niet of de TS nog naar dit forum gaat om te kijken. Anders wil ik er wel even naar kijken (m'n engels is wel redelijk goed, niet perfect )
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten