Oud 21-11-2012, 18:14
Talennoob
Hallo,

Ik heb een boekbespreking moeten maken voor Engels. Alleen ben ik niet zo goed in en maak vaak fouten. Dus kan er iemand voor mij dit nakijken? Vroeger had ik iemand uit mijn buurt die dat deed maar helaas is deze niet meer in staat om dit te doen.
Dit boek is wel een korte versie van het echte boek...

Ik zou erg blij zijn als jullie me kunnen helpen

1. The book

Title: Wuthering Heights

Author: Emily Brontë

Number of pages: 104

Level: 5

Publisher: Oxford University Press

2. Author

Emily Brontë was born on 30 July 1818 in Thornton, she was the fifth of six children. Emily was three years old when her mother died. She joined to a boarding-school for a brief period. After the dead of two children, their father decides to educate his four children at home. She died from the unsanitary conditions at their home by the disease 'Tuberculosis'.
She published only one book: Wuthering Heights as two volumes of a three-volumes set.

3. Summary of the book

A) Who?
a) Describe one main character as detailed as possible:

Catherine – p.12: Catherine was a wild, wicked girl in those days. She was proud, and liked to giving orders. But she had the prettiest face and the sweetest smile you've ever seen.

b) Relationship between two chosen characters:

/

B) Where?
a) Indoors:

Catherine Earnshaw's room – p.6: The only piece of furniture in the large, dusty bedroom was a bed, placed next to the window. There were heavy curtains which could be pulled around it, the hide the sleeper from anyone else in the room. Looking inside the curtains I saw a little shelf full of books, just under the window. I noticed that there were names written on the wall in childish handwriting: Catherine Earnshaw, Catherine Heathcliff and Catherine Linton.

b) Outdoors:

/

C) When?
a) In which period did the story take place?

In the 18th century from 1770 until 1801.

b) A few references apart from dates:

A farm worker: In the 18th century, the most landlords had farm workers. Today they haven't them anymore.
Homeschooling: During that period, 'normal' schools didn't exist. So, the children of rich people earn homeschooling from a servant.

D) What?
The main theme is only love. This love story is very unclear because you are fast confused by the different places of this love story. But at the end, you understand everything.

E) Structure
a) How much time is covered in the book?

The books cover over 31 years. The story is very long because it's about two generations.

b) How is the story built up?

The story is one big flashback. After chapter one, you are going back for more than 30 years.

F) Climax
Cathy is the daughter of Edgar. Edgar and Heatcliff are always having a quarrel. At the end of the story Cathy marries with Linton, the son of Heathcliff. But Cathy doesn't want to do it because of her father. Heathcliff forces her to do it, so he can have the fortune of Edgar.

G) Narrator
The narrator is an active participant. He told the whole story without the flashback of course.

H) Personal opinion
I didn't like this book, it was so boring because it isn't my style. But only that book was available at the library. I more like action stories, with murders or disappearances.

groeten Talennoob

Laatst gewijzigd op 21-11-2012 om 19:08. Reden: Nog een paar fouten gevonden...
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten