Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / Kunst & Cultuur / Muziek
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 09-02-2004, 14:01
Q
Misschien dat er hier nog die-hard fans zitten van Jamiroquai die mij kunnen vertellen wat voor gear de bassist van Jamiroquai gebruikt. Na wat enig uitzoekwerk ben ik een Eden bastop tegen gekomen die het geluid heeft dat ik zoek. Maar het geluid van Jamiroquai klinkt zeker niet slecht, heel goed juist. Dus vandaar de vraag op wat speelt hij? Ik heb iets gevonden van Ashdown, maar is dat zijn merk? En zo ja, welk type top/cabinet gebruikt hij dan?
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 09-02-2004, 14:20
Carn
mjah. probleem is dat wat je op het net vind vaak niet eens de apparatuur is die ook daadwerkelijk voor een cd opname is gebruikt. Die artiesten hebben toch vaak een endorsement, maar in de studio gebruikt men gewoon datgene wat er het beste klinkt. Dat kan varieren van een ander instrument per nummer, of zelfs meerdere instrumenten per nummer. Ook is het zo goed gemixed, ge-equalized, gegated, en dan nog 10x door Pro-tools gerolt, zodat het gewoon onmogelijk.

Maar goed, 10 seconden google:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab/stuartzender/

Stuart's main bass is a Warwick Streamer Stage I, which he bought when he joined Jamiroquai. "I've also got a lovely custom Warwick 8-string; it sounds beautiful, like a guitar following the bass line. I didn't use it on the album, but I do use it live. Doug Wimbish showed me his Warwick 12-string, but my hands are so small I couldn't really get a grip on the neck-so I called Warwick, and they made me an 8-string with a regular size neck." He also has two fretless Warwick Stage II basses, one with lights on the fingerboard so he can see the fret positions when the stage lights are down. His amp rig is all Warwick: a 350-watt Wamp 400 head, a 410-80 4x10 cabinet. "I've also got a Boss ME-6B multi-effects unit, which I use live on 'The Kids' from Space Cowboy, he explains. "I tried using a plectrum when I first started playing, but I never really liked it-plus, all my favorite players didn't use one. So, I use my fingers." His basses are strung with light-gauge Elite roundwounds (.035-.090).

Maar volgens mij zit hij al een paar jaar niet in de line-up (sinds 98 ofzo).

Maar goed, je zoekt waarschijnlijk zijn vervanger, Nick Fyffe:

http://www.ashdownmusic.co.uk/artist...e=Nick%20Fyffe

Ashdown maakt dus Amps.
----------------------
Interview met Ome Nick op http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk/bassdotcom/fyffe.htm:

Nick’s Funk Assembly - the tools of the trade for a Jamiroquai bassist.

‘I’m using Musicman basses - I’ve tried loads of basses, and always end up back with the Musicman. I recorded on a pre-Ernie Ball Musicman, but I’m using a newer 5 string for the tour.’

Amp-wise, Nick is yet another recent Ashdown convert. ‘They’re really nice and simple - I don’t like things with too many buttons and lights. I just want to turn it on, plug in and have it sound good. I don’t want to have to do computer programming to get the right sound. During the rehearsals I had the EQ out and it sounded so punchy - I’ve got an 8x10" cab and an 800 watt head.’

But it’s Nick’s effects set up that seems to be the at the heart of the Fyffe sound.

‘I had all these mad ideas for pedal boards and switching systems but it got so complicated, with so much that could go wrong, that I decided to keep it simple. All the pedals are in line, and I have a line selector so I can switch the whole loop in and out - if I run into trouble I can just bosh the line selector and get the clean sound.

‘I’ve got a Sans Amp before the line selector, which then goes into a Digitech Whammy Pedal, a DOD EQ and a Lovetone Meat Ball envelope filter. The Meat Ball has its own loop, and I’ve got a Lovetone Big Cheese pedal…is this beginning to sound like a fast food order?’ (laughs) ‘And that goes into Big Mac, large fries and a milkshake which is wired back into the bun in stereo!! The Big Cheese goes into an EBS Octave pedal, both in the loop of the Meat Ball. That goes into a Q-Tron, which goes into an EBS Chorus/Flange/Pitch thingie. It’s not that complicated really,’ (yeah, like sure!) ‘I love trying out new sounds, but I’m really not into the train-spotting side of it…honestly!’

Krijg ik nu een lintje?
Oud 09-02-2004, 14:23
konflict
nee, je bent vergeten dat ze ook een novation bass station en een nord lead gebruiken, ook soms voor de bas.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 09-02-2004, 14:25
Carn
Vrûger, toen al die stekkers nog niet nodig waren! dat was een mooie tijd ;(
Oud 09-02-2004, 15:05
Q
Citaat:
Carn schreef op 09-02-2004 @ 15:20:
mjah. probleem is dat wat je op het net vind vaak niet eens de apparatuur is die ook daadwerkelijk voor een cd opname is gebruikt. Die artiesten hebben toch vaak een endorsement, maar in de studio gebruikt men gewoon datgene wat er het beste klinkt. Dat kan varieren van een ander instrument per nummer, of zelfs meerdere instrumenten per nummer. Ook is het zo goed gemixed, ge-equalized, gegated, en dan nog 10x door Pro-tools gerolt, zodat het gewoon onmogelijk.

Maar goed, 10 seconden google:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab/stuartzender/

Stuart's main bass is a Warwick Streamer Stage I, which he bought when he joined Jamiroquai. "I've also got a lovely custom Warwick 8-string; it sounds beautiful, like a guitar following the bass line. I didn't use it on the album, but I do use it live. Doug Wimbish showed me his Warwick 12-string, but my hands are so small I couldn't really get a grip on the neck-so I called Warwick, and they made me an 8-string with a regular size neck." He also has two fretless Warwick Stage II basses, one with lights on the fingerboard so he can see the fret positions when the stage lights are down. His amp rig is all Warwick: a 350-watt Wamp 400 head, a 410-80 4x10 cabinet. "I've also got a Boss ME-6B multi-effects unit, which I use live on 'The Kids' from Space Cowboy, he explains. "I tried using a plectrum when I first started playing, but I never really liked it-plus, all my favorite players didn't use one. So, I use my fingers." His basses are strung with light-gauge Elite roundwounds (.035-.090).

Maar volgens mij zit hij al een paar jaar niet in de line-up (sinds 98 ofzo).

Maar goed, je zoekt waarschijnlijk zijn vervanger, Nick Fyffe:

http://www.ashdownmusic.co.uk/artist...e=Nick%20Fyffe

Ashdown maakt dus Amps.
----------------------
Interview met Ome Nick op http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk/bassdotcom/fyffe.htm:

Nick’s Funk Assembly - the tools of the trade for a Jamiroquai bassist.

‘I’m using Musicman basses - I’ve tried loads of basses, and always end up back with the Musicman. I recorded on a pre-Ernie Ball Musicman, but I’m using a newer 5 string for the tour.’

Amp-wise, Nick is yet another recent Ashdown convert. ‘They’re really nice and simple - I don’t like things with too many buttons and lights. I just want to turn it on, plug in and have it sound good. I don’t want to have to do computer programming to get the right sound. During the rehearsals I had the EQ out and it sounded so punchy - I’ve got an 8x10" cab and an 800 watt head.’

But it’s Nick’s effects set up that seems to be the at the heart of the Fyffe sound.

‘I had all these mad ideas for pedal boards and switching systems but it got so complicated, with so much that could go wrong, that I decided to keep it simple. All the pedals are in line, and I have a line selector so I can switch the whole loop in and out - if I run into trouble I can just bosh the line selector and get the clean sound.

‘I’ve got a Sans Amp before the line selector, which then goes into a Digitech Whammy Pedal, a DOD EQ and a Lovetone Meat Ball envelope filter. The Meat Ball has its own loop, and I’ve got a Lovetone Big Cheese pedal…is this beginning to sound like a fast food order?’ (laughs) ‘And that goes into Big Mac, large fries and a milkshake which is wired back into the bun in stereo!! The Big Cheese goes into an EBS Octave pedal, both in the loop of the Meat Ball. That goes into a Q-Tron, which goes into an EBS Chorus/Flange/Pitch thingie. It’s not that complicated really,’ (yeah, like sure!) ‘I love trying out new sounds, but I’m really not into the train-spotting side of it…honestly!’

Krijg ik nu een lintje?
Kijk na 2 minuten google kwam ik niet zo ver hoor, wel iets met Ashdown en Warwick (laat ik nou toevallig een Warwick corvette proline bass bezitten) Maar die ashdown cabinet scheelt toch wel met een Eden. Da's 200 euro goedkoper Maar Musicman vind ik te duur K denk toch dat ik dan maar voor de Eden ga, misschien dan met Ashdown 4x10 cabinet. Wat voor top die precies heeft staat er niet bij, dus 10 sec. googlen was dus nie genoeg Maar ja... met zoveel effecten rommel dr bij kan je zelfs ruis en knetter uh pardon, Hughes & Ketner goed laten klinken.

En ja hoor jij mag n lintje "Googler van de maand"
Met citaat reageren
Oud 09-02-2004, 15:07
Q
Citaat:
Carn schreef op 09-02-2004 @ 15:25:
Vrûger, toen al die stekkers nog niet nodig waren! dat was een mooie tijd ;(
Toen je nog met een didg en djembe de hele stam kon vermaken hmhm.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 09-02-2004, 18:19
Metal
Citaat:
Q schreef op 09-02-2004 @ 16:07:
Toen je nog met een didg en djembe de hele stam kon vermaken hmhm.
Jaja, en toen de politie nog met pijl en boog schoot...
Reageren

Regels voor berichten