Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / Technologie / Games
Topic gesloten

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 08-08-2002, 21:37
Verwijderd
"Halo 2," a sci-fi action/first-person shooter game, is a full sequel to the best-selling original and will continue the story of the Master Chief, a genetically enhanced supersoldier who is the only man that has successfully defied the Covenant, a coalition of alien races on a murderous march toward Earth. "Halo 2" surpasses its predecessor both in graphical beauty and combat intensity. The Master Chief and his marine allies return to battle the full complement of Covenant forces, as well as new enemies who have not yet revealed themselves. "Halo 2" also expands the Master Chief's already substantial arsenal with powerful new weapons, many pried from the twitching claws of defeated enemies, as well as more than twice as many drivable vehicles for exploring vast landscapes or speeding into battle.

"The game itself is everything you loved about the original Halo, but with all the knobs turned up to 11 this time round. This is not a quickie "Halo 1.5" follow-up using the same engine. We are using a completely rewritten graphics engine which allows our artists to work in previously unimaginable complexity and detail. Anyone who thinks the original Halo stretched the Xbox's graphical abilities to the limit is mistaken. There are gorgeous new realms to be explored, and Halo 2 will take you there."

Halo 1 wasn't made specifically for the Xbox (remember that it started development as a Mac/PC game), so the engine wasn't designed to take full advantage of the Xbox's hardware. This time round it looks like the engine's been retooled to play to the strengths of the Xbox hardware.

""Halo 2" surpasses its predecessor in graphical beauty and combat intensity. "'Halo 2' is a lot like 'Halo', only it's 'Halo' on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas," explained Jason Jones, the head of Bungie Studios, "and the ninjas are all on fire, too." The Master Chief and his marine allies return to battle the full complement of Covenant forces, as well as as-of-yet-unrevealed foes. "

"We still have the multiplayer game-types that people loved in 'Halo', but we're planning something special for multiplayer in 'Halo 2,'" hinted Jaime Griesemer, "Halo 2's" lead designer. "I don't want to ruin the surprise, but imagine the essential 'Halo' single-player experience: pitched battles between the humans and the Covenant, massive vehicle and infantry engagements. Now imagine that every combatant is an actual person playing over Xbox Live!"

Bronnen:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020808/sfth019_1.html
http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.p...nnounced.html&

*kwijl*
Advertentie
Oud 08-08-2002, 21:44
Firebolt
aangezien Halo het enige relatief "goede" spel is op de XBox (dit in tegenstelling tot de GC, die nu al toppers heeft als SSBM, WRBS, BRPF en SW Rouge LeaderII), lijkt het me inderdaad verstandig om Halo 2 aan te kondigen
Oud 08-08-2002, 22:09
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Firebolt schreef:
aangezien Halo het enige relatief "goede" spel is op de XBox (dit in tegenstelling tot de GC, die nu al toppers heeft als SSBM, WRBS, BRPF en SW Rouge LeaderII), lijkt het me inderdaad verstandig om Halo 2 aan te kondigen
Wat een vette onzin... Halo 2 komt sowieso in kerst 2003 uit.
Oud 08-08-2002, 23:39
MaakUt
Citaat:
Firebolt schreef:
je laat jezelf wel weer kennen firebolt sjonge jonge ik heb een gamecube en x-box en ik kan zeggen dat de gamecube toch echt een stuk mindere graphix heeft als de xbox.. en kwa spellen vind ik WRBS, BRPF (als het is wat ik denk) toch niet echt een TOPPER... als ik nou zou moeten beslissen welke console ik verkoop is dat toch echt de gamecube, ik bewaar hem alleen voor perfect dark zero en nieuwe zelda
Oud 08-08-2002, 23:47
melkunielsie
[IMG]jnieuwelaar.cu2.nl [/IMG]
Oud 09-08-2002, 20:37
Verwijderd
Citaat:
spawn again schreef:

Wat een vette onzin... Halo 2 komt sowieso in kerst 2003 uit.
ff ter ff uidelijk zijn; ik wind sw 2 rogue leader dikke bagger.

meningen verschillen mate.
Oud 09-08-2002, 20:48
Firebolt
sorry, k liet me ff gaan...
Oud 06-10-2003, 20:31
StijnSpoortNiet
HALO 2 word errrrug fijn!
Het E3 filmpje liet al een Master Chief zien die een alien van een Ghost kickte. En een Master Chief die met 2 guns op aliens aan het maaien was.
Nou alleen nog maar wachten tot kerst.
Oud 06-10-2003, 22:53
SQUARE
Citaat:
Firebolt schreef op 08-08-2002 @ 22:44:
maar de gc heeft niet zo veel moois in het vouruitzicht
alleen maar wat seqeuls

xbox daarentegen niet. kijk maar naar fable, doom3, thief, half life2(eigenlijk ook wel sequels ) , otogi en nog veel meer

ach ja, hier ging de topic helemaal niet om

Laatst gewijzigd op 06-10-2003 om 23:42.
Oud 06-10-2003, 23:03
Stevill
Citaat:
Firebolt schreef op 08-08-2002 @ 22:44:
toppers
Oud 07-10-2003, 00:57
JUH
ff een jaar oude topic uppen...
Oud 07-10-2003, 01:21
Enlightenment
Zie boven. Dit wordt niet gewaardeerd.

Regels voor berichten