Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / School & Studie / Huiswerkvragen: Klassieke & Moderne talen
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 04-07-2011, 21:27
RUSH.
Wie wil deze tekst uit een boekverslag op fouten controleren?

Challanges:
Billy Elliot is the main character of this story. Billy doesn’t face a big challenge. So I’ve chosen to do this assignment for Jackie Elliot, the father of Billy, also a very important character in this book.

Jackie Elliot is a boxing fan! He wants his son to become a boxer too (just like him). He’s pushing Billy to go boxing. When Jackie notices that Billy is no longer going to the boxing lessons he gets very angry. It’s very hard for Jackie to accept that his son won’t be a boxer like he used to be. One moment, when Jackie comes home he sees his son showing his ballet moves to another guy. He’s bewildered and goes to the ballet teacher of Billy. He makes a small talk with her. She convinces him that ballet is very important for Billy. After this discussion Jackie understands how important dancing is for Billy. The ballet teachers tells him that Billy is brilliant! Jackie now accepts it and he’s going to earn money for the coming audition for the Royal Ballet School London. It’s very hard for him to make sure he earns enough money. He wants to do everything for the dream of his son. A few weeks later, Jackie is told that his son is accepted for the Royal Ballet School. At that moment he’s very happy and decides that from that moment he will support Billy by following his dream: becoming a famous ballet dancer!

My opinion of the book
The book was about an interesting theme. The boy wanted to become a ballet dancer, and the father wanted him to become a boxer. I already knew the story from other students. They told that it was a good story and funny to read. I agree with that! There were funny moments in it. Although, the used language sometimes/very often was rough (four-letter words). I didn’t like that at all. I would recommend this book to students who want a book easy and fast to read.

Reflecting on my reading and book report
I’m not very good at English reading. I know that and I will work on it. So, I’ve chosen to do this book because it is known as book for beginners at English reading. I think I’ve to start with an easy book and later on they have to be a little more difficult.
The author of this book uses spoken language. Words are written as you pronounce them. So, sometimes I didn’t understand which word he meant. But, it wasn’t a difficult book to read. The plot was easy to follow.

Reflecting my book report:
It wasn’t hard for me to write in English. Sometimes I had to look back at my source book for the grammar rules. Making the three assignments was the most fun to make. I like being creative so these are assignments that I liked the most.

Alvast ontzettend bedankt!
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 05-07-2011, 07:19
KillZeMall
Citaat:
Wie wil deze tekst uit een boekverslag op fouten controleren?

Challanges:
Billy Elliot is the main character of this story. Billy doesn't face a big challenge. (which is why I've chosen...) So I’ve chosen to do this assignment (about) Jackie Elliot, (Billy's father), who's also a very important character in this book.

Jackie Elliot is a boxing fan! He wants his son to become a boxer too (just like him). He’s pushing Billy to (box/practice boxing). When Jackie notices that Billy is no longer going to the boxing lessons he gets very angry. It’s very hard for Jackie to accept that his son won’t be a boxer like he used to be. (then/suddenly), when Jackie comes home he sees his son showing his ballet moves to another guy. He’s bewildered and goes to (Billy's ballet teacher). He (has a chat with her/starts a conversation with her/confronts her about it). Eventually she convinces him that ballet is very important for Billy. After this discussion, Jackie understands how important dancing is for Billy. The ballet teachers tells him that Billy is brilliant! Jackie now accepts it and he’s going to (try to? of is het zeker dat hij dat geld zal verdienen?) earn money by taking part/participating in the (up)coming audition for the Royal Ballet School (in) London. It’s very hard for him to make sure he earns enough money (deze zin is heel raar, misschien: He finds it difficult/hard to earn a sufficient amount of money). He wants to do everything (to make his son's dream come true). A few weeks later, Jackie is told that his son (has been) accepted (to) the Royal Ballet School. At that moment he’s very happy and decides that from that moment (on) he will support Billy (with) his dream: becoming a famous ballet dancer!

My opinion about the book
The book (had an interesting theme). The boy wanted to become a ballet dancer, and the father wanted him to become a boxer. I already knew the story from other students. They told (me) that it was a good story and funny to read. I (have to) agree with that! There were (some) funny (parts) in it. (The used language was sometimes very rough though (like the four-letter words). I didn’t like that at all. I would recommend this book to students who want (to read a book easily and fast).

Reflecting on my reading and book report
I’m not very good at (reading) English. I know that and I will work on it. So, I’ve chosen to (read) this book because it is known as (an English book for beginners). I think I (have got) to start with an easy book and later on (I'll choose/choose one that's a bit more difficult to read)
The author of this book uses spoken language. Words are written as you (would) pronounce them. So, sometimes I didn’t understand which word he meant. But, it wasn’t a difficult book to read. The plot was easy to follow.

Reflecting my book report:
It wasn’t hard for me to write in English. I (did have to) to look back (in) my source book for the grammar rules. Making the three assignments was the most fun (to do). I like being creative so these are assignments that I liked the most.

Alvast ontzettend bedankt!
Je tekst klinkt heel erg Nederlandsachtig en je gebruikt de present simple heel vaak...misschien zorgen voor wat meer afwisseling in tijden? Of heb je alleen maar de present simple geleerd tot nu toe? Ik heb niet alles eruit gehaald trouwens..

Laatst gewijzigd op 05-07-2011 om 07:34.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 25-07-2011, 20:31
DerMarlon
Als je verbetert, doe het dan dan goed maat.
Just like himSELF
My opinion ON the book
Met citaat reageren
Oud 02-08-2011, 13:51
greatforce
Citaat:
Als je verbetert, doe het dan dan goed maat.
Just like himSELF
My opinion ON the book
Niet zo opgefokt doen, KillZeMall deed er wel moeite voor hoor!
Ik zelf zou dat niet hebben gedaan, omdat ik daar geen tijd voor heb.

En "My opinion about the book" is correct hoor.
Anders zou het worden "mijn mening op het boek", terwijl "mijn mening over (about) het boek" veel beter klinkt.
Indien nodig kan je hem ook als volgt formuleren: "In my opinion the book ...".

"It’s very hard for him to make sure he earns enough money." kan ook als volgt geformuleerd worden "For him it's very hard making sure he earns enough money." of "For him it's very hard to be ensured of earning enough money.".
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren

Regels voor berichten