Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / School & Studie / Algemene schoolzaken
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 09-04-2006, 22:40
Marjolein88
Ik wil in september International Business gaan studeren, en ik wil meedoen aan de decentrale selectie. Ik moet een motivatiebrief in het Engels schrijven, maar weet niet of wat ik nu heb een beetje ok is. Hij wordt nog gecheckt door mijn leraar Engels, dus spelfouten enz. zijn even niet van belang
Ik begrijp dat het misschien een beetje veel is om te lezen, maar ik zou het erg op prijs stellen Mijn vraag is: heeft iemand suggesties of tips?
Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter because I want to study International Business in Maastricht. My name is Marjolein (......), and I am seventeen years old. At the moment I am in the upper sixth form of secondary grammar school, so I have subjects like Latin, Classical Cultural Education and Greek. My profile is Economie & Maatschappij, and as optional subjects I have chosen French and biology. I have chosen French because I am very interested in different languages and I think it is important to be able to speak a lot of different languages. My grades are good, at the moment I have an average of 7.9. These grades can be seen on my examination list which I have enclosed. I am good at languages and economics, which are important for the study International Business. I have also enclosed my profile paper, which has ‘The Netherlands in an international context’ as subject. It was graded as ‘good’ by our attendant and teacher. I have made this paper together with a friend. It is in English and has not been checked by our teacher, so it shows the quality of our own English.

At first I wanted to study English language and culture, in combination with a PraktijkStudie Management in Leiden. But I have revised this decision because I wanted to have more economics and business in my education. After some research I found the study International Business, which is exactly what I am looking for. I am very interested in the way businesses are organised and managed and how they unite their employees, especially when they are from different cultures. I also want to learn about different cultures and speak different languages, which can be done at the Maastricht University Language Centre. The combination of studying business in an international context and foreign languages is very important to me, especially when it is taught in English. This way I can improve my English a lot, and I am certain I will have to use it often later during practice and work.

What I also like about the study International Business is the fact that it is very internationally orientated, because I am very interested in different cultures and because I think that these days it is very important for a company to be open to international influences. I have thought about going abroad for one year after graduating, because I really want to see the world and get in touch with different cultures and people of different nationalities. But I think that by studying International Business I can combine my interest in foreign countries and cultures and my interest for business and economics. I think it is really important to spend some time abroad during my study, because it would be an interesting experience and it would broaden my mind.

I have chosen the University of Maastricht because of several reasons. Above all, the quality of education at your university is very good, which is also shown in several studies. I have also chosen it because it as a whole is very internationally orientated. There are a lot of foreign students, which I think is good for anyone’s education and social life. I also think it is wonderful that your university has a lot of exchange possibilities. Because I want to spend some time abroad, this is very important to me.

Another aspect which made me choose the University of Maastricht is the Problem Based Learning system. I really think this is the best way to study, because it makes you study by really working with it, which also increased the motivation. I think this is better than knowing your lessons by heart, because this often does not mean that you can also put it into practice. I have worked with this system during a semester a year ago, in the economic courses at school. It suits me very well, because it keeps me motivated and it gets me deeply interested in the subjects. Also, with this system you have to stand up for what you think and you get trained in discussing and presenting. I think these are very important skills which can not be learned from books, but only by doing it. And last but not least I think the Problem Based Learning system is good for students because it creates a group spirit and it is good for social contacts.

I hope this letter shows my motivation and my interest in the study International Business. I think my capacities and motivation will contribute to your university and to this study.

----------------------------------------------
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 09-04-2006, 23:33
Freestyler*
misschien nog een alinea aan het eind toevoegen met waarom ze juist voor jou moeten kiezen
Oud 10-04-2006, 10:38
ickeicke
Ik zou je brief niet met "I" beginnen.

"upper sixth form of secondary grammar school, so I have subjects like Latin, Classical Cultural Education and Greek."
Toen ik in 6VWO had, had ik geen Latijn, Grieks en KCV hoor. Ik zou even vermelden dat je gymniaseum doet dus.

"I think it is important to be able to speak a lot of different languages."
"A lot" is misschien wat overdreven.

"Above all, the quality of education at your university is very good"
Ik ben niet zon fan van het "your university" in deze zin. Lijkt me stug dat de brief gelezen wordt door de eigenaar van de uni .
Ik zou het dus veranderen in "Above all, the quality of education at the University of Maastricht is very good" .

En zoals Freestyler* al zei; misschien moet je nog wat over je zelf vertellen, zoals hobbies en eventuele internationale ervaring enzo.

Moet je trouwens ook niet ergens op een formulier verklaren dat alleen jij aan je motivatiebrief hebt gewerkt ?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 10-04-2006, 13:18
Marjolein88
Thanks voor de tips!
Ik heb die 'a lot' inderdaad weggehaald, is misschien wat overdreven ja En heb er ook University of Maastricht ipv your university van gemaakt.

Ik geloof dat gymnasium 'grammar school' is, maar dat wordt sowieso nog gecheckt door mijn leraar Engels.

Bedankt!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 12-04-2006, 19:51
Confus1oN
ik doe die opleiding ook kzal t binnenkort (morgen ofzo)eens doorlezen, kheb nu tentamens, dus geen tijd
Met citaat reageren
Oud 12-04-2006, 21:19
Verwijderd
Nee hoor, want International Business in Maastricht is een wetenschappelijke opleiding. International Business Administration wat ze op de EUR geven is een betere vergelijking.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 13-04-2006, 12:56
Toet0r
ik zou I want to study International Business in Maastricht vervangen voor I would like to study
Met citaat reageren
Oud 14-04-2006, 13:54
Verwijderd
^ Dacht ik inderdaad ook aan.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 14-04-2006, 15:20
Wie?... Ik?!
Citaat:
Marjolein88 schreef op 09-04-2006 @ 23:40 :
Ik wil in september International Business gaan studeren, en ik wil meedoen aan de decentrale selectie. Ik moet een motivatiebrief in het Engels schrijven, maar weet niet of wat ik nu heb een beetje ok is. Hij wordt nog gecheckt door mijn leraar Engels, dus spelfouten enz. zijn even niet van belang
Ik begrijp dat het misschien een beetje veel is om te lezen, maar ik zou het erg op prijs stellen Mijn vraag is: heeft iemand suggesties of tips?
Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter because I want to study International Business in Maastricht. My name is Marjolein (......), and I am seventeen years old. At the moment I am in the upper sixth form of secondary grammar school, so I have subjects like Latin, Classical Cultural Education and Greek. My profile is Economie & Maatschappij, and as optional subjects I have chosen French and biology. I have chosen French because I am very interested in different languages and I think it is important to be able to speak a lot of different languages. My grades are good, at the moment I have an average of 7.9. These grades can be seen on my examination list which I have enclosed. I am good at languages and economics, which are important for the study International Business. I have also enclosed my profile paper, which has ‘The Netherlands in an international context’ as subject. It was graded as ‘good’ by our attendant and teacher. I have made this paper together with a friend. It is in English and has not been checked by our teacher, so it shows the quality of our own English.

At first I wanted to study English language and culture, in combination with a PraktijkStudie Management in Leiden. But I have revised this decision because I wanted to have more economics and business in my education. After some research I found the study International Business, which is exactly what I am looking for. I am very interested in the way businesses are organised and managed and how they unite their employees, especially when they are from different cultures. I also want to learn about different cultures and speak different languages, which can be done at the Maastricht University Language Centre. The combination of studying business in an international context and foreign languages is very important to me, especially when it is taught in English. This way I can improve my English a lot, and I am certain I will have to use it often later during practice and work.

What I also like about the study International Business is the fact that it is very internationally orientated, because I am very interested in different cultures and because I think that these days it is very important for a company to be open to international influences. I have thought about going abroad for one year after graduating, because I really want to see the world and get in touch with different cultures and people of different nationalities. But I think that by studying International Business I can combine my interest in foreign countries and cultures and my interest for business and economics. I think it is really important to spend some time abroad during my study, because it would be an interesting experience and it would broaden my mind.

I have chosen the University of Maastricht because of several reasons. Above all, the quality of education at your university is very good, which is also shown in several studies. I have also chosen it because it as a whole is very internationally orientated. There are a lot of foreign students, which I think is good for anyone’s education and social life. I also think it is wonderful that your university has a lot of exchange possibilities. Because I want to spend some time abroad, this is very important to me.

Another aspect which made me choose the University of Maastricht is the Problem Based Learning system. I really think this is the best way to study, because it makes you study by really working with it, which also increased the motivation. I think this is better than knowing your lessons by heart, because this often does not mean that you can also put it into practice. I have worked with this system during a semester a year ago, in the economic courses at school. It suits me very well, because it keeps me motivated and it gets me deeply interested in the subjects. Also, with this system you have to stand up for what you think and you get trained in discussing and presenting. I think these are very important skills which can not be learned from books, but only by doing it. And last but not least I think the Problem Based Learning system is good for students because it creates a group spirit and it is good for social contacts.

I hope this letter shows my motivation and my interest in the study International Business. I think my capacities and motivation will contribute to your university and to this study.

----------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Uhhh, zei je dat spellingsfouten niet belangrijk waren? Oeps...

Misschien lijkt het een beetje mierenneukerig... ja dat is het waarschijnlijk ook, maareh, ik wou zo veel mogelijk verbeteringen die je kan maken opnoemen

Verder denk ik dat je ena laatste en tweena laatste paragraven eigenlijk 1 paragraaf zijn, misschien kun je ze samenvoegen en de opsomming een beetje overzichtelijker maken?
Verder zijn er nog een paar kleine dingetjes zoals 'your university' etc etc.

Ik wens je veel succes met het solliciteren.

ps. Natuurlijk hoef je niet ALLE veranderingen erin te stoppen, en ik hoop voor je dat je geen sollicitatie gesprek moet houden, want dan val je door het mandje

At the moment I am in the upper sixth form of secondary grammar school
= At the moment I am in my senior year, and I am attending classes at pre-university level.
= At the moment I am in my senior year, and I am attending classes at gymnasium level.

so I have subjects like Latin, Classical Cultural Education and Greek.
= This means that I have mastered the basics of Latin, Classical Cultural Education and Greek.

and as optional subjects I have chosen French and biology.
= I have also followed miscellaneous classes, like French and Biology.

and I think it is important to be able to speak a lot of different languages.
= And I place a lot of value in learning foreign languages
= And I place a lot of value in learning multiple foreign languages
= I find learning foreign languages important

study International Business.
= study of International Business

'profile paper'
= ? ik denk niet dat dit een goeie vertaling is van wat je wou vertalen

'checked'
= bedoel je niet "veranderd" = "edited" ? want als je iets nakijkt dan verbeter je het niet (normaal niet )

But I have revised this decision
= But I had changed my mind (klinkt minder stijf )

I wanted to have more economics and business in my education.
= I am also interested in economics and business

After some
= after doing some
= After I did some

which is
= which was

and I am certain I will have to use it often later during practice and work.
= And I am certain that following classes in english will prove to be useful in the future
= And I am certain that studying International Business at the University of Maastricht will help me more than when I would have studied Business at an other University.

very
= misschien een beetje te veel "very's" in een zin? En tevens heb je al in de vorige paragraven uitgelegd dat je geinteresseerd bent

after graduating
= after graduating high school
= after my graduation
maar "after graduating" klinkt niet echt goed.

but
= "Ik ben heel erg geinteresseerd, maar ik denk dat met de studie international business ik heel veel kan bereiken"
een tegenstelling is niet echt gepast

because of
= for

Above all
(reden 1) (reden 2) (reden 3) (reden x) maar boven alles, vind ik dat...
"above all" gebruik je dus nadat je al je redenen hebt genoemd.

which is also shown
= which has been shown
= which has been demonstrated by

exchange possibilities.
= international student exchange programs (?)

because it makes you study by really working with it
uhm... als je zonder het systeem zou leren, dan werk je toch ook met business?
= because it makes the study more challenging
= ?

increased
= increases

knowing your lessons by heart
= learning the study material by heart
(eigenlijk is het wel goed om belangrijke dingen uit je hoofd te kennen, ermmmm)

It suits me very well, because it keeps me motivated and it gets me deeply interested in the subjects.
= It suited me very well, because it had kept me interested and motivated.

discussing and presenting
waarover ga je discussieren dan?
= discussing and presenting your own... (business plan? weet ik veel wat je moet doen)

but only by doing it.
= but only by experience.

And last but not least
het klinkt niet zo formeel (dit is toch een formele brief?!)

Laatst gewijzigd op 14-04-2006 om 18:43.
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Reageren

Regels voor berichten