Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / Technologie / Games
Topic gesloten

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 16-06-2003, 13:27
SS2Gohan
Hier zijn enkele belangrijke details en soms spoilers voor de aankomende topgame van Konami. Mijn bron maak ik niet bekend, maar kan jullie wel verzekeren dat het 100% waar is. 21 Juni krijg ik meer informatie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
posted: 04-23-2003 03:22 PM
I have exclusive news about Metal Gear Solid 3. I can't say where I got this info from but here goes:

- The game will be set mostly outdoors, possibly in a jungle/mountain environment.
- The plot concerns Snake heading to a mountain region to find Olga's baby. Apparently, the Patriots are hiding out in a secret base built into a huge mountain.
- Snake will now fight more than just human soldiers; the new exotic environment will allow him to fight (or sneak past) creatures too, including crocodiles, tigers. etc.
- Obviosly a new Metal Gear would have to be in the game. My sources tell me that just like the Shell in MGS2 was part of the Metal Gear itself, the mountain base will also be the Metal Gear and near the end, it will take off! This pretty much confirms that the new model Metal Gear has the ability to launch airbourne strikes, just as Metal Gear Ray's ability allowed for underwater attacks.
- Ever wondered while playing MGS2 what happened to the REAL Colonel Campbell or Mei Ling for that matter? Well, wonder no more; they are being held by the patriots in the mountain base and one of Snake's missions involves rescuing them.
- For the first time in the MGS series, Snake will be able to contol vehicles, including a jet-ski like 'Sea Scooter.' Early artwork shows a possible 'Sea Scooter' chase across a wide open tropical river.
- New gadgets/weapons may include a grapple hook, harpoon gun and some sort of camera with an unspecified attribute. (Kojima mentioned that he was very impressed with MGS clone Splinter Cell at last years E3 and that some of the gadgets in that game, he had already considered).
- Early secret artwork shows what looks like an exoskeleton factory with hundreds of Ninja like bodies being experimented on or rather, 'manufactured.' Expect to fight an ARMY of Cyborg Ninjas when the game is finally released.
- I do have more information, but I think Konami will be angry enough at what I've already told you.
I'll leave you with a final teaser line from the unfinished script by Kojima that I've had a glimpse at.

Snake: "Meryl? What are you doing here? They...they told me you were dead."
More of my 'rumours' are coming true
posted: 05-28-2003 02:31 PM
Well, after I posted those details on here back in April about MGS3 Konami were straight on my ass asking me where I got the info and that I could be in trouble. They told me to tell you guys that I was lying, but now that the game has been revealed (funny that isn't it how it was revealed immediately after plot details were leaked...?) I can say that I really am a spy, but you knew that already, didn't you...?

Firstly, I set in was set in a jungle...IT IS.
- I said you would also fight animals...YOU DO.
- I said aligators could be in the game...THEY ARE. Kojima mentioned them in the interview on IGN.com.
- I said there would be a mountain base...THERE IS. Also mentioned in the same interview.
- I said only the beginning of the game would take place in the jungle and then move on to more stealthy indoor environments...IT DOES.
- I said Meryl would return...SHE DOES.
- I said you might be able to control vehicles...from the 12 minute trailer, it would appear that you can. Snake attempted a Grand Theft Auto with that motorbike and sidecar and was reminded hilariously that it wasn't Vice City. (Nice to see Kojima taking the piss out of the repetitive series that outsold his own).

I'm very sorry guys, but it was NOT all just a coincidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the Tokyo Game Show Trailer (there WILL be one) shows Snake on the Sea Scooter I mentioned...or an exoskeleton factory...you heard it here first...
A brief teaser of the JUNE 21 announcement
posted: 06-08-2003 04:26 PM
Yes, the day is almost upon us.

Snake Eater Day is nearing fast, just 13 days to go, just under 2 weeks away.

Although of course I know what I'm going to reveal, even I am excited because I really want to share this info with you guys and I want to share it NOW!

Unfortunately, I must keep to my word and avoid a premature ejacualtion of secret information (sorry).

I will however, give you a very brief teaser of this info:

THE GUY IN THE TRAILER IS NOT SOLID SNAKE, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T IN THE GAME...

That's all I'm saying for now. If you want the full truth be here on JUNE 21 for the full announcement.

I will be making the announcement at MIDNIGHT on JUNE 20 GMT (I'm based in the UK) so work out what that is in your own time wherever you may be and be here then.

Snake: Where is she?!

Col Campbell: Snake, calm down, concentrate on the mission. You know Meryl can handle herself, we both know that.

Snake: Colonel, where is she, where have they taken her? She's your neice, your own blood, are you going to sit there and let her die?!

Col Campbell: You think I don't know that?! You think I want her to die?! Snake, I know you care for her, we both do, but you have been trained to complete missions without interference of your human emotions.

Snake: I used to be able to do that. There were a lot of things I used to be able to do...I used to know you, now I'm not so sure anymore. You've changed Colonel.

Col Campbell: So have you Snake. We've all changed, and if you don't do something in 72 hours, the whole world will change.

Snake: In 72 hours, I'm gonna rip that Metal Gear into pieces, AFTER I've found Meryl, now WHERE is she?!

Col Campbell: My God Snake! What are you hiding from? For the first time since I've known you, I can see something in you that I never thought I'd see...fear...you're afraid aren't you...you can't do it anymore...you're father was the same.

Snake: My father is DEAD! Don't bring him into this!

Col Campbell: But you said it yourself Snake, it was him you saw on the plane, he could be the one behind this, you know it as well as I do...Big Boss is not dead, he lives still!

Snake: Right now...I don't know what to believe, I don't care anymore. I car about only one thing, just ONE thing...finding Meryl. Now, I'm going to ask you for the last time, where is she?

Familiar Voice: Nanomachine research shows that the FoxDie virus has many adverse side-effects, the most potent of which...is a terrible temper and increased aggression.

Snake: NAOMI?! Colonel, what the HELL is she doing here?!

Colonel Campbell: Put the gun away Snake, she has her reasons for being here. At least let her explain.

Snake: I don't have time to catch up on old times. Spare me the technical mumbo-jumbo and give it to me straight; what are you doing here?

Naomi: Like the Colonel said, I have my reasons. One of these reasons is personal, the rest, purely based on the mission. The personal reason involves an old acquaintance of yours. I knew him by the name of Frank Jaeger...you knew him as Grey Fox.

Snake: Grey Fox?! But he died! I was there!

Naomi: Yes Snake, he died...but he's also here, at least someone that looks like him is.

Snake: Mr X? It can't be...

Naomi: This can wait till later. You want to know where Meryl is? The longer we talk, the further she is moving away from us.

Snake: Where?! Where is she?

Naomi: She's on the plane Snake, the same plane you were thrown from. You didn't recoginse her because she was disguised as one of them and gagged. Even if she recognised you, she couldn't have said anything, or maybe she's afraid of you, she has a reason to be right?

Snake: You've said enough and I'm wasting my time listening to you.

Naomi: Where are you going Snake? To rescue her? Are you sure she will appreciate that after what you did? The fairytale is over Snake, now it's time to face the reality...you have a mission to complete and if you don't complete that mission, then it's over, over for all of us. This is the end now, the end of all things that we have come to know. Yes Snake, Meryl is on that plane, but your mission lies in Russia.
Now you have a choice to make; do you follow the plane and hope to God that Meryl can forgive you or do you head to Russia and stop the Genesis Army.

That is your choice Snake...that is your mission...you have 72 hours.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE. THIS IS FROM Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

If you want an explanation of their words, be here JUNE 21.
MGS3 NOT A PREQUEL!
posted: 06-08-2003 04:53 PM
Yes Mr Qick Ninja, nice observation there, but I have not once said the game was set in the 60's. That's just what people have been speculating. Yes, it has SOMETHING to do with the 60's, but even that article where Kojima confirmed the game was SET in the 60's turned out to be uessing info and NOT official. I can't go into too much detail yet, but Mei Ling IS in the game as are Col Campbell and Naomi as you can see from above and it IS possible fro them to be, though I'm not sayonh HOW...yet
posted: 06-08-2003 06:28 PM
Here's a clue:

You are all speculating about who the person in the trailer is. Well, who says its the same person THROUGHOUT the trailer? Did it ever occur to you that you are seeing two (maybe more) different people that just look similar in the trailer? The thing that might have thrown you off of course is that they each wear a different costume. Now, Kojima mentioned that you can get new costumes throughout the game (you may even be able to download new ones) but that doesn't mean you are seeing in the trailer the same person in a different outfit.

And about the 'missing eye' thing. Well, this character is only missing the eye in the parts of the trailer where he is topless. In the other parts of the trailer, both eyes are intact. What you may have thought is that we were seeing the same person, but maybe he looses his eye as you play through the game? Not necessarily...

This reality is that they are not the same person.

Until JUNE 21 then...
posted: 06-09-2003 09:21 PM
Okay... how about Ocelot? Is he still around? Does Liquid still control him or has Liquid found a way to break free now?
posted: 06-09-2003 09:24 PM
Yes, Ocelot is definately in the game, but he has more things to worry about than Liquid, namely the return of Big Boss
posted: 06-09-2003 09:44 PM
You will be fighting the Genesis Army in MGS3 though they are not necessarily new...

A final battle between Big Boss and Solid Snake?

You bet you're ass.
posted: 06-09-2003 10:03 PM
Ocelot's role is slightly reduced in MGS3.

Well, many ninjas appear in the game as you can see from the script extract, it might be Grey Fox...MIGHT be...
posted: 06-10-2003 11:07 AM
SPOILERS!!!

Well, some interesting responses there.

Where to start?

You may have to highlight to read the spoilers:

The aiplane scene is near the beginning of the game. It is a mixture of cut-scene and gameplay.

Next

This will have to be fully explained on 21 June but basically, Big Boss has been cloned again in his prime for a final showdown with Solid Snake, and that is why he looks so young in the trailer. (He is the topless one, the other one, with TWO eyes is the real Solid Snake)
posted: 06-10-2003 02:27 PM
SPOILERS

No, Snake is not the basis for the Genesis Army, someone else is, Snake is being manipulated by...someone...to wipe out the Genesis Army that is being controlled by...someone else...

Can you guess who 'someone' and 'someone else' are?
posted: 06-10-2003 02:41 PM
SPOILERS

Both wron I'm afraid. Why the hell does everyone seem to think that Otacon will betray Snake. I won't deny that there are many betrayals in the game (it wouldn't be MGS without them) Otacon is...well, June 21 will reveal that. Anyway, Snake is being manipulated by someone who shoudn't even be alive and the basis for the Genesis Army also shouldn't be alive. A clue is Naomi's personal reason for being present in the jungle, that actually directly relates to what she calls 'purely based on the mission.'

Keep guessing partner...
posted: 06-10-2003 03:20 PM
Naomi: Frank? It's me. Don't you remember?

Grey Fox: I have no name...where is the Snake Eater?

Naomi: What is it you want from him?

Grey Fox: Forgiveness...I couldn't stop it.

Naomi: He told me you thought well...he said you loved me, said you were sorry...

Grey Fox: My mind is no longer my own...I remember not what I said...only what I did...or DIDN'T do. The Snake Eater will lead us to freedom, freedom we have long sought. There are only 48 hours left...the end is near.
posted: 06-11-2003 11:04 PM
SPOILERS!!!!

Well, yes I did say I wasn't going to say anything else until the 21st because of the competition, but I suppose a few more clues wouldn't hurt and would help you all to get your synopsises more accurate.

Yes, there will be a fair few bosses in the game. Yes, some of these bosses will be in the jungle part of the game. The first 2/3 of the game is set in the jungle so going without a boss fight until the final third wouldn't be very MGS.

Solidus does NOT return, he is WELL dead. Vamp...MAY return...

Raiden is back, but he isn't with Snake and he shouldn't even be in the jungle...
posted: 06-12-2003 09:04 PM
Like I said before, Raiden's role isn't very big in the game, but it is significant...

The clues I have given about his appearance are:

- He is not in the jungle with Solid Snake

and

- He shouldn't even be there...

One further clue is that:

- He is there for a reason mentioned in MGS2, which is NOT the same reason Snake is there...
posted: 06-12-2003 09:08 PM
raiden is there as a ninja, as in substance if you beat it a certain way you can become ninja raiden. He is there because he wants to know how everything relates to him and what the patriots want with him
posted: 06-12-2003 10:47 PM
SPOILERS!!!!

What makes you say that Solid Simpson?

The plane refered to in the script extract that Snake was thrown from and Meryl is on is one of those big army-style cargo planes where they open up at the back with a loading ramp? This is open during the boss fight with...(June 21st) and Snake is thrown from it out of the loading ramp. Luckily he has a parachute. Unlucky that whoever threw him from the plane sends out his/her own men with parachutes.

This triggers a mid-air freefall battle!

The best thing about this scene?

It all takes place IN-GAME! It is NOT a cutscene!
posted: 06-12-2003 11:12 PM
Yes I know what the big surprise(s) is(are) and yes I will be reveling it(them)on the 21st.

To Oldcream. This freefall battle takes places on the plane while Snake doesn't realise Meryl is on the plane as she is disguised as one of the Genesis soldiers. Remember, in the script extract Naomi says:

'She's on the plane Snake, the same plane you were thrown from. You didn't recoginse her because she was disguised as one of them and gagged. Even if she recognised you, she couldn't have said anything, or maybe she's afraid of you, she has a reason to be right?'

So Snake has a freefall battle on the way down and then meets up with Col Campbell and Naomi where that conversation takes place and he has to decide whether or not to follow the plane or head to Russia.

I would also like to point out here as some of you may not have realised, that conversation from the script extract takes place IN PERSON. Snake, Campbell and Naomi are all in the SAME ROOM. The obvious thing that gives this away is when Col Campbell says 'Snake, put the gun away.'

So, it is NOT a Codec conversation, it is IN PERSON.
posted: 06-14-2003 03:39 PM
I'm in a 'revealing' mood, so if anyone wants to post more speculations I'd be happy to confirm or deny them, be it to do with the plot, gameplay, or the game in general.

Revolver Ocelot: The Snake Eater is dead...or at least he should be. I don't know what happened, I can't explain it, but somehow...he's been reborn. What should we do Boss?

Unidentified voice: Put him back out on the battlefield with the Rookie...let's see just how powerful he is.

Revolver Ocelot: Did you see him? Did you see what he did? He's not human is he? No human could have destroyed that tank like he did.

Unidentified voice: His strength is increasing rapidly. Soon, he will be strong enough to lead the Genesis Army and the Genesis Project will finally be a reality. Long have we dreamt of this day Shalashaska...let it begin!

posted: 06-14-2003 04:19 PM
Have you seen the person with the unidentified voice?

To answer that, you MIGHT have. He wasn't in MGS1 or MGS2 (well, not really), but you may have seen him somewhere else?

Give me some guesses and I'll confirm or deny
posted: 06-15-2003 04:19 PM
A few things...

Whatever Snake did to Meryl happened not long after MGS1. The reason she wasn't in MGS2 (Substance doesn't count) is because of what he did to her, but I'm not saying what he did...yet.

Does Raiden die? Some of you seem to be implying (although not directly) that the Rookie mentioned in the latest script extract I posted is Raiden so maybe that is why you are asking if he dies. Well, yes, the Rookie IS Raiden, but who is the Snake Eater? Therefore, who will he face in the jungle? Whether or not he dies depends on who he's up against and just how experienced he is since MGS2...

More at 21 June…..

Of jullie het nu wel of niet geloven, maakt me niets uit ik weet dat het waar is en zodra ik op 21 juni meer info hebt post ik het zeker hier.

Laatst gewijzigd op 16-06-2003 om 15:07.
Advertentie
Oud 16-06-2003, 13:37
ABrules
MGS was nieuw... was revolutionair... 2 was nogal tegenvaller, hoopdat dit weer beter wordt...
Oud 16-06-2003, 14:12
Verwijderd
Een link posten was beter geweest, dat scheelt weer wat layout uitrek
Oud 16-06-2003, 22:29
CrazY G
ik heb niet heel die post gelezen hoor dus misschien staat het er al in, maar volgens mij speel je dit keer niet met snake maar met big boss.
Oud 18-06-2003, 13:24
SS2Gohan
Ben terug zoals beloofd met nieuwe details over MGS3.
---------------------
They ARE planning on having the game focus in and out of two different timelines. The 60's timeline is going to revolve around big boss, and what made him become a 'bad guy' (which they are going to play off similar to the solidus angle where he wasn’t so much a bad guy as hell bent on doing anything he has to to get the REAL bad guys, the patriots) but the time structure is going to swap back and forth between solid snake and big boss throughout the whole game, so they are basically both the main character. Some point during the game, you find out that big boss IS still alive in the current present (don’t ask me how im still not sure on that one yet) snake and big boss are actually going to put their differences aside and work together to unmask the patriots. Then after its all said and done you find that big boss actually created the patriots organization and he is behind everything. The entire game is just to see if snake would become a patriot or something along those lines. But the end of the game is going to be a final fight between snake and BB (of course) but the cool part is that depending on who you did better with throught the game statistically, (stealth, enemies killed, etc.) dictates you you play as in the final fight. with each characters story ending in a different way.

Im really interested to see how they work that out, it sounds awesome. Also I've heard that each character is going to have multiple endings that revolve around choices you make in the game, similar to resident evil, giving the game unlimited replay value. I don’t know about an army, but there is supposed to be more than one ninja (as in grey fox ninja) and fox is going to make a return for sure. He is going to be by big bosses side at the end of the game.

However let me express that these are just sketchy details, They are hoping to make the game twice as long as mgs2 and they have barely begun to write the script, they just have their major plot points figured out.

Daarna had ik een chatsessie (waar ik hem vragen stelde over Snake Eater) met mijn bron en die staat hieronder: (I=ik S=Bron)
I: How about Raiden?
Source: in, but not playable, which is disappointing, because i didnt like him as much as snake, but i figured they could continue the series with him after snake is dead or something

I: oke from what i've hear Meryl en Naomi are making their return, what do you know about that?
S: i know that they are making a return, but meryl will have little significance, just a way to makes snakes character show emotions, she is like a wildcard that is going to impair snakes judgement. naomi on the other hand is supposed to be an impact player

I: ahah, next question. In the end of MGS2, we saw Snake and Raiden talk and one of them threw away his dog-tag. At that point i also noticed Vamp in the crowd, does he make a return as well?
S: as far as vamp, my contact says he's in but wont give me more details on him because he is supposed to have a big role

I: your contact is working for konami japan?
S: my contact is on the production team, he also worked on mgs1 and the original silent hill

I: the reason why meryl returns?
S: actually, this is kind of a strange one, its a big spoiler though so you might not want to hear it
I: i do, i was thinking that after shadow moses, Meryl wanted to be a soldier like her father and if i'm correct her father was in league with Gurlokovich, i think she returns to finish her father work and so she'll be against snake, close?
S: No, sorry, thats not a bad theory though.
I: but what's the real reason?
S: do you remember at the beginning of mgs1 the submarine that campbell was on?
I: no you'll have to update me about that one.
S: snakes operation is being run on a submarine circling around the island, campbell, naomi, and mei ling are all on it and snakes one man sub got launched out the torpedo tube, but anyway.
from what ive heard, campbell and everyone on the sub (so im assuming naomi and mei ling too) were all in leage with the patriots from the beginning, they were there to ensure that snake was sent to shadow moses, since campbell was his friend, its an obvious choice. after wolf shot meril, the genome soldiers took her to the sub because campbell informed the patriots that snake had feelings for her, so they decided to keep her as an ace in the hole in case something went wrong, they could use her to manipulate snake. hence they brought her back at the end to throw snake off which didnt work, so later they got her back (lets assume they kidnapped her, but hopefully they can think of something better than that) and they are holding her so they have something to use against snake again

I: you said in your mail that Grey Fox might come back, but how, i'm pretty sure i saw him dieing fighting Rex...
S: naomi's gene thearopy, she clones him, but he is going to be frank jaeger, not the ninja, meaning he's going to be human and not cybernetic like he was in mgs1 and he has an interesting connection with vamp.
I: don't tell em they are family..
S: no, they actually hate each other, btu they are bound to each other by the patriots, because they both work for them.
I: so vamp and grey fox knew eatchother before shadow moses?
S: Could be, something about them in Romania, but their hatred for each other is supposed to aide in the downfall of the patriots

I: i heard something about a "exoskeleton factory" in the jungle
S: they are mass producing ninja's like the one olga was and grey fox was, but its a suit like olga wore and they are equiping their soldiers with them.

I: now you mention Olga, The Patriots have her baby, is one of Snake's goals to save him/her?
S: yes, and thats where raiden comes in.
I: How about Raiden anyway, i know he will be in the jungle, but what's his role?
S: snake is off to find the patriots while raiden is looking for olga's baby and their paths cross.

(belangrijkste vraag):
I: do you anything about a releasedate?
S: they want to do a surprise release in japan the day of e3 2004, should come to us and europe soon after. so id count on about a year from now.
-----------------------------------
Dat is alles weer tot nu toe. Ik blijf natuurlijk contact houden met mijn bron, dus als je vragen hebt over Snake Eater, post ze en ik zal ze aan hem vragen.

Laatst gewijzigd op 18-06-2003 om 14:35.
Oud 19-06-2003, 20:41
lorenzo30
Citaat:
Morridin schreef op 16-06-2003 @ 15:12:
Een link posten was beter geweest, dat scheelt weer wat layout uitrek
tis volgens mij van een msn gesprek of iets per mail.

dat lijkt mij iig logisch
Oud 19-06-2003, 21:08
CrazY G
of van een andere forum, want er staat steeds "posted on..."

maar SS2Gohan waarom doe je zo geheimzinnig over de bron. Is het een uit Alcatraz ontsnapte gedetineerde die Konami is geinfiltreerd en je via russische satteliet netwerken geklassifiseerde informatie doorstuurt?
Oud 19-06-2003, 23:19
empyrian
wat een bullshit, de Patriots zijn toch al 150 jaar dood?
Oud 19-06-2003, 23:23
empyrian
Citaat:
CrazY G schreef op 19-06-2003 @ 22:08:
maar SS2Gohan waarom doe je zo geheimzinnig over de bron.
waarschijnlijk omdat het vast een of andere bullshitbron is..
Oud 20-06-2003, 12:35
lorenzo30
Citaat:
empyrian schreef op 20-06-2003 @ 00:19:
wat een bullshit, de Patriots zijn toch al 150 jaar dood?
*zucht*

hoe makkelijk denk je dat het voor een organisatie als de patriots is om de indentiteiten aan te nemen van personen die al 15o jaar dood zijn

denk toch eens na man
Oud 20-06-2003, 13:32
telluriet
Anyway, dat wordt vast weer een gaaf spel
Oud 20-06-2003, 15:18
Verwijderd
Citaat:
lorenzo30 schreef op 20-06-2003 @ 13:35:
*zucht*

hoe makkelijk denk je dat het voor een organisatie als de patriots is om de indentiteiten aan te nemen van personen die al 15o jaar dood zijn

denk toch eens na man
Goh, in het vervolg moet hij er een wat grotere neerzetten?
Oud 23-06-2003, 19:52
Jolt
Word vette game ik hoop beter dan 2 want die vond ik niet zo goed ...Raiden ...maar ja ..Trailer is wel hendig vet ..
Oud 13-05-2005, 14:41
Nickson
Pure BULL jonge.. HAHAH een baby redden hoe KOMEN ze erop!?

nu die uit is weten we wel beter!
Oud 13-05-2005, 14:51
Verwijderd
Citaat:
empyrian schreef op 20-06-2003 @ 00:19 :
wat een bullshit, dit topic was toch al 150 jaar dood?
Oud 13-05-2005, 14:56
Q
Up van 2 jaar =
Advertentie
Topic gesloten

Regels voor berichten