Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / School & Studie / Huiswerkvragen: Klassieke & Moderne talen
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 18-04-2004, 14:27
Shadina
Ik heb deze week een mondeling voor engels (tentamen) en ik doe het over Grease. Ik ben niet zo goed in engels, dus kan misschien iemand mijn tekst even nakijken? En dan niet alleen grammaticale fouten e.d., maar ook of het verhaal een beetje te volgen is enzo. Ik vind het zelf een beetje vaag.
Alvast heel erg bedankt.

Grease

I’m going to tell something about Grease. I’ve chosen to do my oral test about this subject because it’s one of my favourite movies.

Grease is the biggest movie musical ever. Everybody has seen or heard about it. Grease debuted in 1978 and the producers of this film have earned a lot of money with this movie. Nobody could’ve thought that it would be such a success. The movie is based on the Broadway musical Grease, which was also a big success.

The director of this movie is Randal Kleiser. He had looked very well to find the perfect persons to play in his movie. He had chosen John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John for the principal parts. Olivia was already famous at that time, but John wasn’t. John had also played in the Broadway Show Grease, but he had a much smaller part there. After making this movie everyone became famous.

Why did it became such a success? Because it’s a timeless, colourful and energetic movie. It never bores you, even when you’ve watched this movie 10 times. All of the parts are worked out really well, even the small parts. They’re all really strong parts. What’s so characteristic of this movie, is the music. They’re a lot of songs in Grease, which are sung by the actors. The most famous songs are ‘Greased lightning’ and ‘You’re the one that I want’.

A little bit information about the main parts:
-Danny: He’s the leader of the ‘T-Birds’ and has a cool image. But when he’s with Sandy alone, he’s not that cool guy any more. He turns into a sweet guy. The way he does his hair is characteristic of him.
-Sandy: She’s a very sweet, nice and good girl. She’s from Australia. At the end of this movie she becomes a whole other Sandy. The bad and sexy Sandy.
-T-Birds: This is a boys group, which consists of Danny, Kenickie, Doody, Sonny and Putzie. They have a cool image and wear leather jackets.
-The Pink Ladies: Rizzo is the leader of this girl group and it consists further of Sandy, Frenchy, Jan and Marty. They’re friends of the ‘T-Birds’.

The story:
Danny and Sandy have a perfect summer love on the coast. When the summer-holidays have come to an end, they have to take leave of each other. Both thinking that this is the end.

Danny goes back to his school Rydell High where he sees his friends again. Meanwhile moves Sandy to America and she transfers to Rydell High. Here she meets ‘The Pink Ladies’ and joins them. She tells them about her summer love Danny. By telling this story appears that Danny is also at the same school. It doesn’t take long before they meet each other again. Danny is very happy about their reunion, but he thinks of his image and behaves himself cool. Sandy is shocked and very sad that he acts like that. He’s not the Danny she used to know and goes out with Tom, who is a sport guy and doesn’t need to be cool. Danny gets jealous and decides to change and begins to sport. He tells Sandy that he has a cool image and must act like that. He also apologises for his behaviour. After a while they come back together.

Danny and Sandy go to a dance contest at their school. They dance very well together but eventually Cha Cha, an ex-girlfriend of Danny, manages to steal Danny from Sandy and they dance together. Sandy is very sullen and things aren’t going really well between her and Danny.

The T-Birds decide to fix up Kenickie’s car to enter in a competition against the rival Scorpions. Danny races in place of Kenickie at the last minute. It’s a thrilling race and Danny wins the race. Sandy realizes that she cannot ignore her feelings for Danny.

The final day of school arrives and Sandy wants to surprise Danny with a new look. She turns into a cool and sexy girl. Danny is very surprised by her appearance and thinks she’s looking great. And everything is allright between them.

My opinion:
I think it is a very nice movie. I really like watching this film. Everything of this film is great. The acting, the music, the story, the atmosphere. All of the parts are really strong and are worked out carefully. Especially the little things about the parts are so terrific. There The most I liked about this movie are the songs. You can’t sit still while listening to this music. It’s very dynamic and energetic. I really advise you to watch this movie.

Zoals je kunt zien is engels niet mijn beste vak.
Met citaat reageren
Advertentie
Oud 18-04-2004, 15:44
desiree1986
Citaat:
Shadina schreef op 18-04-2004 @ 15:27 :
Ik heb deze week een mondeling voor engels (tentamen) en ik doe het over Grease. Ik ben niet zo goed in engels, dus kan misschien iemand mijn tekst even nakijken? En dan niet alleen grammaticale fouten e.d., maar ook of het verhaal een beetje te volgen is enzo. Ik vind het zelf een beetje vaag.
Alvast heel erg bedankt.

Grease

I’m going to tell something about Grease. I’ve chosen to do my oral test about this subject because it’s one of my favourite movies.

Grease is the biggest movie musical ever. Everybody has seen or heard about it. Grease debuted in 1978 and the producers of this film have earned a lot of money with this movie. Nobody could’ve thought that it would be such a success. The movie is based on the Broadway musical Grease, which was also a big success.

The director of this movie is Randal Kleiser. He had looked very well to find the perfect people (denk ik beter..) to play in his movie. He had chosen John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John for the principal parts. Olivia was already famous at that time, but John wasn’t. John had also played in the Broadway Show Grease, but he had a much smaller part there. After making this movie everyone became famous.

Why did it become, want did staat al in de vt such a success? Because it’s a timeless, colourful and energetic movie. It never bores you, even when you’ve watched this movie 10 times. All of the parts are worked out really well, even the small parts. They’re all really strong parts. What’s so characteristic of this movie, is the music. There are a lot of songs in Grease, which are sung by the actors. The most famous songs are ‘Greased lightning’ and ‘You’re the one that I want’.

A little bit information about the main characters, want het gaat duidelijk om hoofdPERSONEN
-Danny: He’s the leader of the ‘T-Birds’ and has a cool image. But when he’s alone with Sandy , he’s not that cool guy any more. He turns into a sweet guy. The way he does his hair is characteristic of him.
-Sandy: She’s a very sweet, nice and good girl. She’s from Australia. At the end of this movie she becomes a whole other Sandy. The bad and sexy Sandy.
-T-Birds: This is a boys group, which consists of Danny, Kenickie, Doody, Sonny and Putzie. They have a cool image and wear leather jackets.
-The Pink Ladies: Rizzo is the leader of this girl group and it consists further of Sandy, Frenchy, Jan and Marty. They’re friends of the ‘T-Birds’.

The story:
Danny and Sandy have a perfect summer love on the coast. When the summer-holidays have come to an end, they have to leave / say goodbye to each other. Both think that this is the end.

Danny goes back to his school Rydell High where he sees his friends again. Meanwhile Sandy moves to America and she transfers to Rydell High. Here she meets ‘The Pink Ladies’ and joins them. She tells them about her summer love Danny. By telling this story it appears that Danny is also at the same school. It doesn’t take long before they meet each other kan hier weggelaten worden again. Danny is very happy about their reunion, but he thinks of his image and behaves himself cool. Sandy is shocked and very sad that he acts like that. He’s not the Danny she used to know and goes out with Tom, who is a sport guy and doesn’t need to be cool. Danny gets jealous and decides to change and he starts sporting . He tells Sandy that he has a cool image and must act like that. He also apologises for his behaviour. After a while they come back together.

Danny and Sandy go to a dance contest at their school. They dance very well together but eventually Cha Cha, an ex-girlfriend of Danny, manages to steal Danny from Sandy and they dance together. Sandy is very sullen and things aren’t going really well between her and Danny.

The T-Birds decide to fix up Kenickie’s car to enter in a competition against the rival Scorpions. Danny races in place of Kenickie at the last minute. It’s a thrilling race and Danny wins the race. Sandy realizes that she cannot ignore her feelings for Danny.

The final day of school arrives and Sandy wants to surprise Danny with a new look. She turns into a cool and sexy girl. Danny is very surprised by her appearance and thinks she’s looking great. And everything is allright between them.

My opinion:
I think it is a very nice movie. I really like watching this film. Everything of this film is great. The acting, the music, the story, the atmosphere. All of the parts are really strong and are worked out carefully. Especially the little things about the parts are so terrific. There The most I liked about this movie are the songs. You can’t sit still while listening to this music. It’s very dynamic and energetic. I really advise you to watch this movie.

Citaat:
Zoals je kunt zien is engels niet mijn beste vak.
Zo op het eerste gezicht valt dat wel mee hoor! (schrijf ik voordat ik de fouten verbeter..) Ook na het verbeteren vind ik dat het nog wel meevalt. Ik weet niet of ik alles eruit heb gehaald en of alles klopt, maar in ieder geval succes ermee!
Oud 18-04-2004, 20:41
Briseïs
Grease

I’m going to tell you something about Grease. I’ve chosen this subject for my oral test because it’s one of my favourite movies.

Grease is the biggest movie musical ever. Everybody has seen it or heard about it. Grease debuted in 1978 and the producers of the film have earned a lot of money with it. Nobody could’ve thought that it would be such a success. The movie is based on the Broadway musical Grease, which was also a big success.

The director of the movie is Randal Kleiser. He had searched very hard to find the perfect actors to play in his movie. He had chosen John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John for the main parts. Olivia was already famous at that time, but John wasn’t. John had also played in the Broadway Show Grease, but he had a much smaller part there. After making this movie they all became famous.

Why did it become such a success? Because it’s a timeless, colourful and energetic movie. It never bores you, even when you’ve watched it 10 times. Everything is worked out really well, even the small parts. They’re all really strong parts. What’s so characteristic about this movie, is the music. They’re a lot of songs in Grease, which are sung by the actors. The most famous songs are ‘Greased lightning’ and ‘You’re the one that I want’.

A little bit information about the main characters:
-Danny: He’s the leader of the ‘T-Birds’ and has a cool image. But when he’s with Sandy alone, he’s not that cool guy any more. He turns into a sweet guy. The way he does his hair is characteristic for him.
-Sandy: She’s a very sweet, nice and good girl. She’s from Australia. At the end of the movie she becomes a whole other Sandy. The bad and sexy Sandy.

The story:
Danny and Sandy have a perfect summer love on the coast. When the summer-holidays have come to an end, they have to part from each other. Both think that this is the end.

Danny goes back to his school Rydell High where he sees his friends again. Meanwhile Sandy moves to America and she transfers to Rydell High. Here she meets ‘The Pink Ladies’ and joins them. She tells them about her summer love Danny. By telling this story it appears that Danny is also at the same school. It doesn’t take long before they meet each other again. Danny is very happy about their reunion, but he thinks of his image and behaves very cool. Sandy is shocked and very sad that he acts like that. He’s not the Danny she used to know and goes out with Tom, who is a sport guy and doesn’t need to be cool. Danny gets jealous and decides to change and starts sporting. He tells Sandy that he has a cool image and must act like that. He also apologises for his behaviour. After a while they come back together.

Danny and Sandy go to a dance contest at their school. They dance very well together but eventually Cha Cha, an ex-girlfriend of Danny, manages to steal Danny from Sandy and they dance together. Sandy is very sullen(?) and things aren’t going very well between her and Danny.

The last day of school arrives and Sandy wants to surprise Danny with a new look. She turns into a cool and sexy girl. Danny is very surprised by her appearance and thinks she’s looking great. And everything is allright between them.

My opinion:
I think it is a very nice movie. I really like watching this film. Everything of the film is great. The acting, the music, the story, the atmosphere. All the parts are really strong and worked out carefully. Especially the little things about the parts are so terrific. The things I like best about about the movie are the songs. You can’t sit still while listening to this music. It’s very dynamic and energetic. I really advise you to watch this movie.

Het meeste is niet echt fout hoor, maar sommige herhalingen etc. staan niet echt mooi. Nog steeds zit het met de interpunctie en zinsopbouw soms niet lekker..
Oud 18-04-2004, 21:22
Shadina
Citaat:
Briseïs schreef op 18-04-2004 @ 21:41 :
Het meeste is niet echt fout hoor, maar sommige herhalingen etc. staan niet echt mooi. Nog steeds zit het met de interpunctie en zinsopbouw soms niet lekker..
Heel erg bedankt. Ja ik vond ook dat ik vaak dezelfde woordjes gebruikte en dat het niet echt goed klonk, maar ik wist niet echt wat ik eraan moest veranderen.

Desiree ook heel erg bedankt.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 18-04-2004, 21:23
Shadina
Ik heb nog een vraagje.. kan ik beter film of movie gebruiken?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 18-04-2004, 21:57
Briseïs
Citaat:
Shadina schreef op 18-04-2004 @ 22:23 :
ik zou t allebei doen, krijg je minder herhaling
Oud 24-04-2004, 14:55
Shadina
Briseis ik had trouwens het woordje verdrietig opgezocht.. en kreeg toen sullen. Is er een betere vertaling dan?
Met citaat reageren
Oud 24-04-2004, 15:04
Briseïs
Citaat:
Shadina schreef op 24-04-2004 @ 15:55 :
Briseis ik had trouwens het woordje verdrietig opgezocht.. en kreeg toen sullen. Is er een betere vertaling dan?
Ik zou gewoon sad gebruiken als ik jou was.
Oud 24-04-2004, 15:39
Gatara
Citaat:
Shadina schreef op 18-04-2004 @ 22:23 :
\

Amerikanen gebruiken movie, Britten gebruiken film.
Oud 24-04-2004, 15:44
Briseïs
Citaat:
Gatara schreef op 24-04-2004 @ 16:39 :
\

Amerikanen gebruiken movie, Britten gebruiken film.
Ik heb beiden beide horen gebruiken. Gisteren had Quentin Tarantino het ook over movie en film door elkaar.
Oud 24-04-2004, 20:28
Gatara
Citaat:
Briseïs schreef op 24-04-2004 @ 16:44 :
Ik heb beiden beide horen gebruiken. Gisteren had Quentin Tarantino het ook over movie en film door elkaar.
Ik had altijd geleerd dat Britten film gebruiken en Amerikanen movie.

Kijk maar:
film (MOVING PICTURES) [Show phonetics]
noun [C or U] (US movie)
a series of moving pictures, usually shown in a cinema or on television and often telling a story

movie [Show phonetics]
noun [C]
MAINLY US FOR a cinema film

Bron: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
Reageren

Regels voor berichten