Oud 22-01-2006, 15:08
Eye of Sauron
Dit is in het Engels, omdat het oorspronkelijk gemaakt is voor een Engels HP-forum. Voor de mensen die dit niet weten: Peeves is Foppe.

This story is set in Hogwarts, somewhere around the time Harry’s parents Lily and James where still students at Hogwarts. The main character is Charles Fenwick, an ordinary fourth-grader of Ravenclaw. Charles has one thing different than the other students, however. He is good friends with Peeves the poltergeist.

‘Peeves? Peev, are you there?’ Charles Fenwick enters the dark room ‘Theez, it’s really dark in here... Lumos!’ His wand starts to shine. He looks around the room and sees a huge mess: tables are stacked on top of each other, and chairs are floating around. The darkness is caused because all the lamps in the room are destroyed. ‘Peeves is definately here...’ Charles thinks to himself.
Then the poltergeist comes out. ‘Fenwick, Fenwick, what’s not healty makes me sick!! Ha Ha Ha! Fenwick, do you like what I’ve done with the place? A whole inprovement, don’t you think?’ Peeves makes a gesture and all the chairs fall on the ground. Several are broken.
Then Peeves floats towards Charles. ‘What is the problem this time?! You know it’s been the third time this week you visited me? Do you want to bore me to dead? Oh no, that is not possible, I am already dead! Ha Ha Ha!!!’
Charles had known the poltergeist since his first year at Hogwarts. Most students tried to avoid Peeves as much as possible, but not Charles. In his second year, he accidently exploded a pot of ink while doing detention for Filch, thus turning Filch’ office, including Filch himself, completely blue. Peeves saw the whole thing and with this act of complete chaos Charles had gained Peeves’ respect. From that day forward Charles visited Peeves from time to time, mostly when he was feeling down. Peeves usually had some way to make him feel better.....
‘Well, what is it?’ Peeves asked impatiently. ‘Well, you see..’ Charles begins ‘It is.....well.....you know......, Wendy’ Wendy Wiggenweld was a girl from Gryffindor, that Charles was hopelessly in love at. But she didn’t even notice him.
Peeves cries it out ‘I already thought so! Day in day out you come to me moaning about that girl! How many times have I told you girls are nothing but trouble! What is it this time? She broke a nail?’ He suddenly starts to sing. ‘Wendy broke a nail, she tried to fix it but to no avail, now her future looks kinda pail, cause Wendy broke a nail!!!’ ‘That was awful.’Charles laughs. ‘I know!’Peeves responds ‘Do you like it? Well, anyway, I got a cool spell that will make you feel better. You can try it on that curtain there. Just repeat after me: Rictosempra!’ Charles points his wand at the curtain and repeats the words: ‘Rictosempra!’. The curtain rips in several pieces and falls to the ground, utterly destroyed. They both laugh out loud. ‘And you know what is the fun part?’Peeves says. ‘It also works on clothes.’ He grins and whispers after that ‘Maybe you should try out this spell on Wendy Wiggenweld.’ Charles turns red in the face.
‘What did she do this time, anyway?’Peeves askes. Charles responds: ‘You know that the Yule ball is soon, right? And that we are supposed to ask someone? Well, I was kinda thinking to ask Wendy but when I was just about to do so Gilderoy Lockhart comes along and askes her out. And of course she says yes. What girl wouldn’t say yes to Gilderoy Lockhart?’
Peeves starts to laugh ‘Ha ha ha! That is such a funny story! Fenwick loves Wendy, she is sweet as candy, but she is not so smart, and falls for Lockhart!’ Peeves starts to sing. ‘Lockhart, lockfart, fart, fart, fart, FART!!’
‘That is not funny!’ Charles gets mad. ‘Wooo kid. Did I hurt your feelings?’ Peeves grins. Maybe we should create some more chaos.... Try this spell on that destroyed curtain. Incendio! Charles aimes his want at the curtain and repeats the words: Incendio!
A bolt of fire launches from the wand and sets the curtain on fire. Peeves starts to laugh. ‘Ha, it works, it works, it works!’ ‘Put it out, put it out! It is getting bigger! Soon the whole castle is on fire!’ Charles starts to panic. ‘What is the spell for dousing fires?!’ Peeves pulls an innocent look. ‘I dunno.... I only know spells that create chaos.’ He grins. Charles askes again: ‘Come on, Peev! What is the dousing spell?!’ ‘Oh, you’re so boring’ Peeves responds. ‘Oh well, it is Oxigenio!’ Charles aims his wand at the fire. ‘Oxigenio!’ A huge shooting flame comes out of the fire and sets the carpet and several tables on fire. Then the fire springs over to several paintings (the persons in the paintings run away in terror)
Peeves starts to laugh even harder ‘Ha ha, I fooled you! The whole chamber is on fire!’ Charles is beginning to look worried. ‘If you haven’t noticed it the doorway is blocked by the fire. If you don’t give me the dousing spell I will burn to dead. In case you have forgotten I can’t float through fire.’ ‘Boooring!’ Peeves replies. ‘But if you insist here it is: ‘Sludge!’ Charles aimes his wand at the fires (who are coming really close to him) and says the spell: ‘Sludge!’ He fountain of sticky green slime spouts from his want. Charles aimes it at all the fires. After a few minutes all the fires are out, but the entire room is covered in sticky green goop. ‘Well, at least the fires are out.’ Peeves grins. Then they hear a noise. ‘Somebody is coming!’ I have to get outta here, If they catch me I’ll be expelled for sure!’ Charles says. Peeves was not listening. He had already disappeared through the wall.
‘Great’ Charles says while running towards the door. He looks around the corner. No-one there yet. He starts to run towards the end of the hallway. Someone comes around the corner, obviously attracted to the noises, stench en smoke. ‘Filch!’ Charles thinks to himself. He hides behind an armour that stands halfway the corridor. At that time, Filch has reached the room they just where. He starts to scream. ‘PEEVES!! YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHEET! That does it, I am going to the headmaster! You are going to be kicked out of Hogwarts for this!’ Filch leaves the corridor the same way he came in. Charles quickly leaves it at the opposite end. After ten long minutes he finally reaches the Ravenclaw common room, utterly exausted. ‘I made it. And no-one saw me.’ Then he realized that the sudden burst of adrenaline did make him feel better. For the last half hour, he had completely forgotten to think about Wendy. ‘But someday I have to find a way to make me feel better without destroying the castle or risking to be kicked out of school....’

To be continued
Oud 22-01-2006, 18:25
Little Dutchess
Er zitten wel hier en daar wat fouten in, maar zal je daar niet over beoordelen, want daar heb ik zelf ook altijd een hekel aan.

Ik vind het verhaal zeker boeiend en interessant, maar als het je bedoeling was de stijl van Rowling na te bootsen is dat je niet gelukt.

Afgezien van dat, lekker geschreven en leuk stukje...

Definately want to read more.....
Oud 23-01-2006, 10:32
Blood Fire Rage
Citaat:
Eye of Sauron schreef op 22-01-2006 @ 16:08 :
‘Theez, it’s really dark in here...
Theez?
Oud 23-01-2006, 13:03
Eye of Sauron
Citaat:
Blood Fire Rage schreef op 23-01-2006 @ 11:32 :
Theez?
Engelse uitdrukking in spreektaal, te vergelijken met ons 'jezus'.
Hij zegt dus eigenlijk: 'Jezus, ik zie geen flikker!'
Oud 23-01-2006, 14:38
Verwijderd
als half engels zijnde zal ik je aanraden wat aan je grammatica te doen,

ohja en nooit zeiken op mensen die de nederlandse taal niet beheersen, dit terzijde.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 23-01-2006, 16:26
Eye of Sauron
Citaat:
White Trash schreef op 23-01-2006 @ 15:38 :
als half engels zijnde zal ik je aanraden wat aan je grammatica te doen,

ohja en nooit zeiken op mensen die de nederlandse taal niet beheersen, dit terzijde.
Ik ben er nog niet helemaal achter of je nu mij of BloodFireRage beledigd....
Wie mag er niet zeiken op mensen die de Nederlandse taal niet beheersen???
Oud 23-01-2006, 19:51
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Eye of Sauron schreef op 23-01-2006 @ 17:26 :
Ik ben er nog niet helemaal achter of je nu mij of BloodFireRage beledigd....
Wie mag er niet zeiken op mensen die de Nederlandse taal niet beheersen???
ik probeer niemand te beledigen, ik zeg alleen dat het mij niet onverstandig lijkt om je engelse grammatica te verbeteren want zo te zien heb je niet het niveau van een native speaker of zelfs near native speaker.

veel nederlanders gaan in een andere taal werken terwijl ze die vaak nog niet goed beheersen
Met citaat reageren
Oud 23-01-2006, 20:39
Eye of Sauron
Citaat:
White Trash schreef op 23-01-2006 @ 20:51 :
ik probeer niemand te beledigen, ik zeg alleen dat het mij niet onverstandig lijkt om je engelse grammatica te verbeteren want zo te zien heb je niet het niveau van een native speaker of zelfs near native speaker.

veel nederlanders gaan in een andere taal werken terwijl ze die vaak nog niet goed beheersen
Ik heb bovenaan het verhaal gezegd dat het oorspronkelijk is bedoeld voor een engels HP-forum. Daar kan ik toch moeilijk in het Nederlands gaan posten. En daar doet niemand er moeilijk over.....
Oud 24-01-2006, 10:46
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Eye of Sauron schreef op 23-01-2006 @ 21:39 :
Ik heb bovenaan het verhaal gezegd dat het oorspronkelijk is bedoeld voor een engels HP-forum. Daar kan ik toch moeilijk in het Nederlands gaan posten. En daar doet niemand er moeilijk over.....
lees je überhaupt wat ik schrijf? anyway, het is fijn als niemand er moeilijk over doet, ik zou persoonlijk kromme tenen krijgen wanneer ik een foute tekst schrijf.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 24-01-2006, 11:13
Verwijderd
Idd, het is soms gewoon lastig te volgen door het grote aantal fouten. Dan kan het nog wel voor een Engelstalig forum zijn, ik snap niet zo goed eigenlijk waarom je het met alle geweld op een Engelstalig forum wilt plaatsen.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 24-01-2006, 14:24
Eye of Sauron
Citaat:
White Trash schreef op 24-01-2006 @ 11:46 :
lees je überhaupt wat ik schrijf? anyway, het is fijn als niemand er moeilijk over doet, ik zou persoonlijk kromme tenen krijgen wanneer ik een foute tekst schrijf.
Laat verder ook allemaal maar zitten, want dit gaat allang niet meer over het verhaal. Ik weet weer precies waarom ik zo'n hekel heb aan dit letteren-forum.
Mensen nemen niet eens de moeite om je verhaal te lezen, laat staan er een fatsoenlijke review op te geven.
Het enige wat ze hier doen is de tekst langsgaan om te kijken of er een d-tje instaat dat eigenlijk een t-tje had moeten zijn.....
Weten jullie eigenlijk wel waar het verhaal überhaupt over gaat???
Zulke taal-miereneukers zouden eigenlijk tien zweepslagen moeten kijgen voor elke taalfout die ze zelf maken

Positieve uitzondering: Little Dutchess. Love you girl!
Oud 24-01-2006, 15:01
Roosje
Citaat:
Eye of Sauron schreef op 24-01-2006 @ 15:24 :
Laat verder ook allemaal maar zitten, want dit gaat allang niet meer over het verhaal. Ik weet weer precies waarom ik zo'n hekel heb aan dit letteren-forum.
Mensen nemen niet eens de moeite om je verhaal te lezen, laat staan er een fatsoenlijke review op te geven.
Het enige wat ze hier doen is de tekst langsgaan om te kijken of er een d-tje instaat dat eigenlijk een t-tje had moeten zijn.....
Weten jullie eigenlijk wel waar het verhaal überhaupt over gaat???
Zulke taal-miereneukers zouden eigenlijk tien zweepslagen moeten kijgen voor elke taalfout die ze zelf maken

Positieve uitzondering: Little Dutchess. Love you girl!
Ik neem nu inderdaad niet de moeite om je verhaal te lezen; ten eerste omdat ik persoonlijk niet zo van fanfic houd en ten tweede omdat ik niet houd van in het Engels lezen om er daarna óók nog commentaar op te "moeten" geven.

Ik vind echter wel dat je een beetje te aangebrand reageert, waarin "een beetje" zwak is uitgedrukt. En dat mensen alleen maar naar spelfouten zoeken, is puur overdreven. (Al wordt er natuurlijk gemierenneukt, maar kom op, zeg, dan kom je er tenminste achter dat je fouten maakt.)
Oud 24-01-2006, 16:26
Porcelain
Mja, weetje, dit is eigenlijk net als het songfestival waar een kandidaat probeert het origineel na te doen. Het is niet erg gelukt, vind ik. Ik dacht eigenlijk, en dát had ik wel grappig gevonden, dat Peeves uiteindelijk Charles zou achterlaten in de kamer, Charles zou dan doodgaan en op Hogwarts blijven als de Bloederige Baron (wauw, dan heb je een verhaal waarin duidelijk wordt waarom Peeves bang voor BB is). Einde verhaal, ik heb toch zo'n hekel aan to be continued stukjes.

Maar nu je verhaal dus niet ging zoals ik hoopte vind ik het een beetje een flauw aftreksel, want het is 1 Voor het overgrote deel niet je eigen verzinsel, 2 Niet echt prachtig engels (wat J.K. wel heeft) en 3 Het boeit me niet zo. Oh, de liedjes van Peeves zijn trouwens wel hip .

Ik denk dat de mensen op dit forum wel serieus zouden reageren als je een eigen, Nederlands geschreven stuk zou plaatsen, misschien dat eens proberen.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 24-01-2006, 18:12
Verwijderd
bij fanfiction denk ik aan homoseksuele tieners die orgie-verhalen rondom de backstreetboys schrijven.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 24-01-2006, 19:51
Roosje
Citaat:
White Trash schreef op 24-01-2006 @ 19:12 :
bij fanfiction denk ik aan homoseksuele tieners die orgie-verhalen rondom de backstreetboys schrijven.
Oud 25-01-2006, 12:02
CharmingPiper
Citaat:
White Trash schreef op 24-01-2006 @ 19:12 :
Wat snappen jullie toch weer lekker veel van fanfiction..

Edit: toch maar ff de spelfout eruit halen he voordat jullie daar weer over gaan zeuren

Laatst gewijzigd op 25-01-2006 om 18:42.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 25-01-2006, 12:08
sapientia
OOOOOO je maakt een spelfout!
Met citaat reageren
Oud 25-01-2006, 13:55
CharmingPiper
Citaat:
sapientia schreef op 25-01-2006 @ 13:08 :
OOOOOO je maakt een spelfout!
Big deal!!

Sorry hoor, maar ik vind echt dat jullie veel te veel doorzeuren over spelfouten..

Ok ze zitten erin en het verhaal is misschien lastiger te lezen..

Maar het gaat om het verhaal! Jullie snappen wat er bedoeld wordt, en toch blijven jullie zeuren over mini-fouten.. terwijl jullie vaak het verhaal achterwege laten!!

Dit brengt mij op een site die ik pas vond:
http://www.bitterepiphany.com/hpff/l...od_review.html

Misschien moeten jullie die maar even doorlezen.. en daar iets van leren!!

Want als er iets nog vervelender is dan spelfouten in een verhaal.. is het wel mensen die niet het fatsoen hebben om normaal op een verhaal kunnen reageren!

Iemand heeft wel zijn best gedaan om een verhaal te schrijven en daar kunnen jullie heus wel rekening mee houden!!!!!!!

Heb respect voor de mensen die hier iets posten!!!! Zij stellen zich 'kwetsbaar' op door een persoonlijke creatie aan jullie te laten lezen.. en het enige wat jullie kunnen doen is afkraken!!!

Denk er ff aan hoe jij je zou voelen.. en heb iig het fatsoen om tenminste het verhaal te lezen!!!!

Oh, en natuurlijk niets gezegt over al de mensen die wel verhalen lezen, en een goede reactie geven!!

En Eye of Sauron.. Echt een leuk verhaal.. Ik ben zeker benieuwd naar het vervolg!!

Laatst gewijzigd op 25-01-2006 om 14:03.
Met citaat reageren
Ads door Google
Oud 25-01-2006, 14:02
CharmingPiper
Even voor de duidelijkheid:

Dit stukje bedoelde ik dus op de site die hierboven staat:

Citaat:
Key Characteristics For Reviews

Reviews should be honest. Helping writers improve their craft is the mission of reviewing. Honest opinions are what help writers improve. Giving false feedback doesn't help anyone and can lead an author down a long road to bitter disappointment.

Reviews should be encouraging. Everyone at every level should be encouraged to continue writing! Encouraging reviews are more likely to be used by an author which means the time creating the review was well spent. Whether the author decides to use the reviewer's honest suggestions or not, the review should be motivating and encourage the author to keep writing.

Reviews should be respectful. Regardless of an author's level of skill or talent, a reviewer should always respect that the author is an individual person. A reviewer flaunting that they are better than the author they're reviewing is not respectful and is counter productive.

Reviews should be well rounded. While honesty is very important, a review that points out only flaws without any mention of an item's positive points is not nearly as helpful to an author as a well rounded review with both positive and negative remarks. Don't forget, the same goes for reviews that only point out positives! Even the greatest pieces of writing have room for suggestions and opinions.
Van deze opmerkingen zouden jullie nog wel wat kunnen leren!!
Oud 25-01-2006, 17:15
Verwijderd
Citaat:
CharmingPiper schreef op 25-01-2006 @ 13:02 :
Wat snappen je toch weer lekker veel van fanfiction..
natuurlijk miss inte(l)ligent.
Met citaat reageren
Oud 25-01-2006, 18:43
CharmingPiper
Citaat:
White Trash schreef op 25-01-2006 @ 18:15 :
natuurlijk miss inte(l)ligent.
Ik heb tenminste respect voor mijn medemens!!!

Dat kan ik van jou niet zeggen!!!
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten