Oud 10-07-2002, 22:56
Gleipnur
Damn! I just missed the sunset. Look; one lost little cloud, how poetic! Some people have it all…but keep it with a serious lack of taste. Small sneaky lights flash on as I pass them by, spotted, I am. That plane is making way too much noise, and that fucking train too! It annoys me clearly.

Bird-mist-wolf-wind-bat.

What’s the dog staring at?

So very concentrated, stiff gaze, he wants to have a closer look. I wont let him. I stand still and look at where he’s gazing. Cows in the mist. He sniffs the air and swallows.

He’s ready.

The cows are not moving either.

Every muscle under his tight black coat is tensed up.
Then; a sudden growl, soft, from deep down. Angry discomforted bark. Thoughtful yet hesitating…

He doesn’t trust the quiet evening scene and I want to engage in his held down excitement.

Bet he has no idea what he’s barking at. It gets louder. Something moved, over there, where the cows are.
Lights and far distant grumbling; a car.

His barking gets even more loud and now meant to be well heard by whatever it is that deserves to be barked at. Time to get moving, I think. He’s complaining when I tell him to give it a rest. I have to pull him with me.

Heading for the warm yellow streetlight around the corner. The cows aren’t bothered by this restless animal I’m dragging with me.

There it is again! The howling. A cow is moving and lets out a deep breath. I think they saw us.

Suddenly, I see a small white presence moving our direction. It stops and sits in the high grass, spying us…like only cats can, from a safe distance. It’s caught my dog’s attention now. He takes up his deep slow barking again. The white creature has disappeared as I look back from my writing. Everything’s gone quiet again, apart from the cars on the nearby road.

We’re leaving.

It’s all just a matter of standing still for a minute and watching the scene play around you. And to not miss out on one move, one sound, one suspicion.

The sky’s turned to an ocean deep blue. It intensifies the yellow streetlight even more.
Someone could’ve been watching us all the time. Who knows. I, myself am a very part of the scene I’m describing. But, knowing what my intensions are…the least interesting one.

Life is all about intensions and trying to guess them right.

It doesn’t really matter if it were a wolf or a dog. What matters is what it’s intensions were.
Oud 11-07-2002, 09:00
Verwijderd
Citaat:
Gleipnur schreef:
Damn! I just missed the sunset. Look; one lost little cloud, how poetic! Some people have it all…but keep it with a serious lack of taste. Small sneaky lights flash on as I pass them by, spotted, I am. That plane is making way too much noise, and that fucking train too! It annoys me clearly.

Bird-mist-wolf-wind-bat.

What’s the dog staring at?

So very concentrated, stiff gaze, he wants to have a closer look. I wont let him. I stand still and look at where he’s gazing. Cows in the mist. He sniffs the air and swallows.

He’s ready.

The cows are not moving either.

Every muscle under his tight black coat is tensed up.
Then; a sudden growl, soft, from deep down. Angry discomforted bark. Thoughtful yet hesitating…

He doesn’t trust the quiet evening scene and I want to engage in his held down excitement.

But he has no idea what he’s barking at. It gets louder. Something moved, over there, where the cows are.
Lights and far distant grumbling; a car.

His barking gets even more loud and now meant to be well heard by whatever it is that deserves to be barked at. Time to get moving, I think. He’s complaining when I tell him to give it a rest. I have to pull him with me.

Heading for the warm yellow streetlight around the corner. The cows aren’t bothered by this restless animal I’m dragging with me.

There it is again! The howling. A cow is moving and lets out a deep breath. I think they saw us.

Suddenly, I see a small white presence moving our direction. It stops and sits in the high grass, spying us…like only cats can, from a safe distance. It’s caught my dog’s attention now. He takes up his deep slow barking again. The white creature has disappeared as I look back from my writing. Everything’s gone quiet again, apart from the cars on the nearby road.

We’re leaving.

It’s all just a matter of standing still for a minute and watching the scene play around you. And to not miss out on one move, one sound, one suspicion.

The sky’s turned to an ocean deep blue. It intensifies[?] the yellow streetlight even more.
Someone could’ve been watching us all the time. Who knows. I, myself am a very part of the scene I’m describing. But, knowing what my intensions are…the least interesting one.

Life is all about intentions and trying to guess them right.

It doesn’t really matter if it was a wolf or a dog. What matters is what it’s intensions were.
Heb een paar kleine foutjes gevonden . Verder een goed verhaal
Met citaat reageren
Oud 11-07-2002, 12:40
stroopwafel
Citaat:
Inge13 schreef:

Citaat:
But
hoeft niet persé
Oud 11-07-2002, 16:22
Verwijderd
Oeh, ik vind 'm geweldig! Echt heel mooi opgebouwd, en een geweldige beheersing van de Engelse taal, zoals me ook al eerder opgevallen was in jouw verhalen. *print uit*

Trouwens; 'Bet' klopt, 'to bet' is wedden in het Engels, dus het wordt zoiets als 'wedden dat hij niet weet waar hij naar staat te blaffen'.

Met citaat reageren
Oud 11-07-2002, 17:59
Gleipnur
Citaat:
Jewel schreef:
Oeh, ik vind 'm geweldig! Echt heel mooi opgebouwd, en een geweldige beheersing van de Engelse taal, zoals me ook al eerder opgevallen was in jouw verhalen. *print uit*

Trouwens; 'Bet' klopt, 'to bet' is wedden in het Engels, dus het wordt zoiets als 'wedden dat hij niet weet waar hij naar staat te blaffen'.

hehe tanx!!:-) zie wel dat men naampje erbij staat he! en ja, je hebt gelijk to bet is wedden, dus dat klopt:-) nana!
Oud 11-07-2002, 18:01
Gleipnur
Citaat:
Inge13 schreef:

hehe, vreemd eigelijk, men spelling corrector ziet intensions niet als fout...misschien heeft eht met engels/amerikaans engels te maken? En die "were", tja daar kan over gediscussieerd worden denk, ik, die heb ik er toch wel heel bewust neergezet...volgens mij kan het wel...ofwel is het verouders engels...*weetniet*
Oud 11-07-2002, 18:01
Gleipnur
oh ja! het is geen verhaal hoor
Oud 11-07-2002, 19:26
rozijntje
Citaat:
Gleipnur schreef:

hehe, vreemd eigelijk, men spelling corrector ziet intensions niet als fout...misschien heeft eht met engels/amerikaans engels te maken? En die "were", tja daar kan over gediscussieerd worden denk, ik, die heb ik er toch wel heel bewust neergezet...volgens mij kan het wel...ofwel is het verouders engels...*weetniet*
je hebt gelijk volgens mij, die "were" kan echt wel.

ik vind het trouwens heel mooi, echt, je engels is ook uitstekend. heel schoon geschreven. goed woordgebruik, goede sfeer.
Oud 11-07-2002, 21:59
Gleipnur
bedankt alwéér!!!! misschien moet ik maar schrijver worden, hoef ik niet meer te studeren, maar, dan mis ik wel het studentenleventje he, hmm, toch maar wel studeren
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Zoek in deze topic:

Geavanceerd zoeken

Regels voor berichten