Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Berichten van vandaag

Ga terug   Scholieren.com forum / School & Studie / Huiswerkvragen: Klassieke & Moderne talen
Reageren

Topictools Zoek in deze topic
Oud 18-04-2007, 15:03
sten-vvv
Hallo, kan iemand deze stukjes nakijken op grammatica/zinsbouw? Bedankt

1. Article
× Summary (118 words)
This article is about a soldier called Jason Chelsea. He is 19-years-old and he was concerned about what awaited him when he reached Iraq. He said that he couldn’t go out there and shoot at young children. He doesn’t care what side they are on. He just couldn’t do it.
In training, they were made to wrestle with dummies. And they were also told they might have to fight kids and that they might have to shoot them because they were carrying suicide bombs. Within 48 hours of confessing his concerns to his family, he was dead after taking an overdose of painkillers and slashing his wrist. In a suicide note, the young soldier had said that he was ‘just a waste’.

× My personal opinion (145 words)
I was very shocked when I read this article. A soldier who killed himself because he couldn’t shoot at young children. There are a lot of soldiers in the army who can’t cope with the circumstances in Iraq. Lots of soldiers who fight in Iraq suffer from combat and physical stress. They started drinking or beat up themselves. And this is of course very sad. In this article parents tell about their children, that they started drinking and get lots of problems there. That’s above the limit I think. People who can’t cope with the situation must be sent home. I think the worst problem is that the soldiers are not mentally ready yet. My opinion is that people who want to be in the army must get a special test so that these problems, like suicide and alcoholism, belong to the past.

Questions:

R: What do you think about this situation with Jason Chelsea? He was 19-years-old. Was he not too young to participate the army?

K: Are you agree with me that (young) soldiers, who can’t cope with the situations in the war, must be sent home?

R: I talk about a specials test that new soldiers have to take before they participate the army. How do you feel about this idea?, and what kind of test do you think about?

K: Do you think that some people could prevent this suicide? For example, could they help him when they get the suspicion that he was mentally distressed?
Oud 18-04-2007, 22:33
June bug
1. Article
× Summary (118 words)
This article is about a soldier called Jason Chelsea. He is 19 years old and he is concerned about what awaits him when he reaches Iraq. He said that he couldn’t go out there and shoot at young children. He doesn’t care what side they are on. He just couldn’t do it.
In training, they had to wrestle with dummies. And they were also told they might have to fight kids and that they might have to shoot them because they were carrying suicide bombs. Within 48 hours of confessing his concerns to his family, he was dead after taking an overdose of painkillers and slitting his wrist. In a suicide note, the young soldier had said that he was ‘just a waste’.

× My personal opinion (145 words)
I was very shocked when I read this article. A soldier who killed himself because he couldn’t shoot at young children. There are a lot of soldiers in the army who can’t cope with the circumstances in Iraq. Lots of soldiers who fight in Iraq suffer from combat and physical stress. They start drinking or beat themselves up. (Over dit laatste twijfel ik een beetje, zichzelf in elkaar slaan?? ) And this is of course very sad. In this article parents talk about their children, that they start drinking and get lots of problems there. That crosses the limit I think. People who can’t cope with the situation must be sent home. I think the worst problem is that the soldiers are not mentally ready yet. My opinion is that people who want to be in the army must get a special test so that these problems, like suicide and alcoholism, belong to the past.

Questions:

R: What do you think about this situation with Jason Chelsea? He was 19 years old. Was he not too young to join the army?

K: Do you agree with me that (young) soldiers, who can’t cope with the situations in the war, must be sent home?

R: I talk about a specials test that new soldiers have to take before they join the army. How do you feel about this idea? And what kind of test would you think of?

K: Do you think that some people could have prevented this suicide? For example, could they have helped him when they got the suspicion that he was mentally distressed?
Reageren

Regels voor berichten